Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giants from a kayak!

Default Giants from a kayak!

Someone posted a kayak fishing video the other day of my friend Robert Fields. I mentioned a young lady that has become a sensation in the kayak community in that thread. The below video is of my friend Kristine Fischer. She is taking the sport by storm and is getting noticed throughout the fishing industry. She’s down in Florida right now and caught a pair of +11 pounders and got it all on video. Here’s her adventure. Just thought a few of you might enjoy this.

Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

One 11lber is something to write home about, two in one day is nothing short of incredible!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Awesome!

Great video !
    S.C. - Standing alone against Northern aggression since 1861 (LAT)

Kristine is as awesome in real life as she is in the videos. I work very close with her man AJ at Hobie. They have an excellent take on life and live it!

I agree. I have known both of them for a while now and am greatly envious of the life they are living right now. I’d love to be able to hit the road in a travel trailer and fish all over the country for a living. I’m very great full to be able to call the two of them friends. Kristine and AJ are supposed to be joining my wife and I for a Keys vacation this summer before I transfer again. Hopefully we’ll have some epic tarpon footage from the Hobies to share after that one!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I agree. I have known both of them for a while now and am greatly envious of the life they are living right now. I’d love to be able to hit the road in a travel trailer and fish all over the country for a living. I’m very great full to be able to call the two of them friends. Kristine and AJ are supposed to be joining my wife and I for a Keys vacation this summer before I transfer again. Hopefully we’ll have some epic tarpon footage from the Hobies to share after that one!
    Hell yeah Ring! You are livin the life too man. I've been talking to AJ all morning. My job is to make sure everybody else is having fun... I love it though!

Nice. Been thinking about getting one of those Hobies. They look fun to fish out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That 11lb bass is a freak. WOW!

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

she got my attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

She's legit and doesn't use blonde hair and tits to make her way in the outdoor scene like most women do. Big bass.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    She's legit and doesn't use blonde hair and tits to make her way in the outdoor scene like most women do. Big bass.
    Can't you just appreciate her for her fishing? I didn't even notice she had blonde hair or "tits" until you said that... :smh: What's wrong with you pervs
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

i guess i'm gonna have to watch the video now....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Let me know, I'm a legs and hiney guy.

Damn what a fish. Wow.

Needs to work on her hook set.

It may not look good on camera but if you check out her track record on the tournament circuit it seems to be pretty effective! She was one of the top most winning anglers across all of the kayak circuits this last year. She won several of the KBF Trail events as well as a couple of the Hobie Bass Open Series events.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Damn what a fish. Wow.

Needs to work on her hook set.
    It's not easy to get a good hookset sitting down low, swimming a creature bait, pegged weight, with a buried hook . She was fishing a 7'4" heavy action for getting tough hooksets. Lots of times fishing that bait pegged, the bass will clamp down so hard a soft rod won't pull the weight through their lips and expose the hook, but the bass were hitting on the fall and dropping when they felt pressure. Kind of a no win- do the best you can do.
    If she had changed her rod angle to a high tip that she could drop on the take- she would probably not have missed as many. Like fishing a trick worm you can't see.
    She was sure amped up and that was a great fish.
    I've done a lot of canoe and yak fishing- lots different from a bass boat.

Big day no doubt, but she sure missed a bunch of fish. I bet some of them were big too.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Shaq made millions. Shaq still needs to work on his free throws.

Ol gal put some hosses in that yak. Good stuff. Anything over 10 is a special day for sure. Agree the sitting low would cost anyone some hook ups. She was fired up.