Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ipilot question

Default Ipilot question

I'm thinking about upgrading my Powerdrive to Ipilot. If I do, I will lose the use of the foot control. For you folks that use the FOB only do you miss having the foot control pedal?
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Depending on what you are fishing for to me. If trying to fish along the bank yes. If fishing open water no. I have both for that reason.

Crappie fishing, trolling and brush piles.
    12-26-98 12-1-13

Not a single bit. You will get used to it.
    "run and gun guide service"

I love mine and can’t go back. Couldn’t get by without the spot lock function. BJ

I pilot has a foot control option.

It’s not a cable control like you are use to but still foot control.
    Last edited by reeltight; 02-14-2020 at 08:45 PM.

For crappie fishing you will be fine with the fob.

I will never own a trolling motor without Ipilot the Bluetooth will keep you in a 4 ft radius of a brush pile on spot lock , get it you won’t regret it
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    I pilot has a foot control option.

It’s not a cable control like you are use to but still foot control.
    Not if Ipilot is added to a Powerdrive. You lose the ability to use the foot control and only have the remote. BJ

924D64D4-5CDC-4BE4-A384-C2857F6B71F9.jpg

It’s not cheap but you can use the foot control, I pilot and spot lock. Dad put one on his Ranger about a year ago and he won’t go back to a standard foot control. He doesn’t ever use the remote control much, just the spot lock.

Quote Originally Posted by justhuntin View Post
    Not if Ipilot is added to a Powerdrive. You lose the ability to use the foot control and only have the remote. BJ
    I need to look at that. I really thought it still had the option.

Love mine with the remote!!”

Spot lock will change your life. You’ll really appreciate it after using it, then fishing on a boat without it. Truly a game-changer, IMO. Fishing banks with the remote isn’t a problem to me, once you get used to the buttons it’s second nature. You can also set it to go in a straight line which is nice for relatively straight banks. .

Quote Originally Posted by justhuntin View Post
    You are correct. However, you can use Ipilot and the foot pedal on the Terova's but not a converted powerdrive. In which case, lab humper should sell his powerdrive and buy a new tm all together vs converting the powerdrive to ipilot.

Do I pilot remotes have ability to ease up speed like the footpads with the sliding or rolling speed control on the side? When I added the bolt on remote waaaay before I pilot came out it was simply speeds 1,2,3,,etc. I didn’t like it bc couldn’t fine tune speed to conditions. I’m sure Spot lock is worth the trae off though.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    Do I pilot remotes have ability to ease up speed like the footpads with the sliding or rolling speed control on the side? When I added the bolt on remote waaaay before I pilot came out it was simply speeds 1,2,3,,etc. I didn’t like it bc couldn’t fine tune speed to conditions. I’m sure Spot lock is worth the trae off though.
    I have the digital i pilot remote. Not a roll dial like the original blackberry phone but it does have speed control 1-10

I was skeptical when a friend of mind was told he could use his as an anchor at the jetties for sheepshead and drum fishing. I called bullish!t . Then I went with him after he had it installed and literally currents, tides, wind, everything you could imagine he would lock it within six feet of the rocks and nothing else. I went back months later and he did not have any of his anchors on the boat. Blew my mind. Always wondered if you could but two on a boat, one at the transom? While the bow locked on the transom would move, very predictably but it is still a wonder. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

This will be my next upgrade on my boat. Been on a couple a couple of big boats and they anchored great as long as shaft is long enough to keep prop in water with whatever chop there is. Different models can interface with GPS/Depthfinders and you can troll on certain contour lines which is really cool with planar boards when striper fishing. Also can run tracks over spots and repeat the exact drift hands free.

I hated it for crappie fishing. I also don't troll. I circle the brush throwing jigs. Using the remote sucked absolute ass. I probably wont own another.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

That is mainly what I do as well. To me the spotlock offsets the negative of not having a foot pedal. Also, can't you set it to circle the pile?
    Last edited by LabLuvR; 02-18-2020 at 11:30 AM.
    12-26-98 12-1-13