Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sitka Waders

Default Sitka Waders

Did anyone spring for the waders made of gold for this past hunting season?

Interested in hearing some reviews on them, would you buy them again, etc.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I have them. Held up good and comfortable. In hindsight I’d buy a new pair of cabelas waders every few years and save the coin.

I hunted with a guide in Mattamuskeet who swears they are the best he’s owned. He also likes the lifetime warranty on them. He also said to stay away from Banded brand. His and everybody he knows that have them developed a leak.
    \"If they don\'t hatch, they don\'t fly south\"

Quote Originally Posted by DuvnDux View Post
    I hunted with a guide in Mattamuskeet who swears they are the best he’s owned. He also likes the lifetime warranty on them. He also said to stay away from Banded brand. His and everybody he knows that have them developed a leak.
    The Sitka waders are made by Simms- they are a G4 with Lacrosse boot. A buddy of mine has a prototype pair with a muck boot foot, they are awesome!

If you watch some of the original Sitka waterfowl videos you can see the progression/development of the waders from Simms branded to what you see today.
    Last edited by bitesize; 03-28-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    The Sitka waders are made by Simms- they are a G4 with Lacrosse boot. A buddy of mine has a prototype pair with a muck boot foot, they are awesome!

If you watch some of the original Sitka waterfowl videos you can see the progression/development of the waders from Simms branded to what you see today.
    Not exactly true. They are made by a drysuit company and are considerably tougher than simms waders. Alot of similarities to simms, but i think that is just what happens when you make a quality design. Things look alike when they are done well.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Not exactly true. They are made by a drysuit company and are considerably tougher than simms waders. Alot of similarities to simms, but i think that is just what happens when you make a quality design. Things look alike when they are done well.
    Ok well I guess the ones I have seen were unicorns-

Are Sitka waders made in chynnurr?
    At least I'm housebroken.

Best pair of waders I ever saw was the fella that had on jeans and sneakers and just went on through the water like it was no big deal. Everybody else piled on the Argo or walked in actual waders that leaked ......
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Bumping this up. Anyone other than Bitesize take the plunge on the Sitka Deltas? I might be in the market and figured they were at least worth a look. I kinda like the idea of only having to buy a single pair of waders for the rest of my life, assuming their warranty is worth its salt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I did. I loved them and had no issues this season.

My buddy I hunt with bought a pair last year. So this is his second season in them. He likes them. I actually asked him last week if he had any complaints about them while we were sitting in a blind one morning. His only complaint were there were no D rings on the front to attach stuff to, like the D rings from Texas rigs or shell holders etc.

anybody looked into usia waders? theyre custom built, non insulated....the sitka are non insulated as well correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

Tread lightly. Typing the word Sitka on this forum gets peoples panties in a wad. However, I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get the zip for next season just because in theory it'll be the last pair of waders I ever buy..

I bought a pair of Dan's bibs to wear over my new (cheapest they offer, $179) Simms waders, and I've been dry and leak free for 30 hunts so far. I thought about the Sitkas, but it was too tough to swallow just to shoot ducks in SC.

I reserve the right to ridicule anyone on this site or otherwise, for wearing Sitka.

Thank you.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I have hunted the same pair of Lacrosse Swamp Tough waders for 15 years. They leaked for the first time this year. I will be buying the same ones again.

I got a pair. I like them a lot. Boot makes the waders IMO. Most comfortable wader I've ever put on. As far as lifetime warranty, it is the lifetime of the wader, not yourself. They're saying 7-8 years is the expected lifetime of the wader.

Quote Originally Posted by scswamprat View Post
    anybody looked into usia waders? theyre custom built, non insulated....the sitka are non insulated as well correct?
    I know 2 people with usia waders. 1 likes them 1 never wears them. I will tell you this. They are stiff as cardboard and make a shit ton of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I reserve the right to ridicule anyone on this site or otherwise, for wearing Sitka.

Thank you.
    I thought the same thing. But the brands I always relied on (cabelas etc..) went to shit and sitka stepped up so I gave them a shot. I was tired of hunting with wet feet.

It tickles me to see 4 hunting buddies decked out in Sitka from head to toe.

Matching outfits and #sitkagear #sickforit hastags.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.