Thread: Remington Sendero SFII vs. Weatherby Mark V Weathermark

Default Remington Sendero SFII vs. Weatherby Mark V Weathermark

I have the option of purchasing a Remington Sendero SFII or a Weatherby Mark V Weathermark for the same price. 7 mag caliber. What says the group on the better purchase? The Sendero would be slightly used with light handling marks. The Weatherby would be new.

One maybe 7mmRemMag the weatherby being a markV is more than
    likely a WTHBYMag
    Ammo more readily avail for the rem mag if that makes any difference
    “A town is saved, not more by the righteous men in it than by the woods and swamps that surround it.” -Thoreau

Depends. Older Rems were awesome, Cerebus bought them and quality went to crap. That’s pretty well documented and fact. Weatherby made some great rifles but through the late 90’s and on a lot of the Weatherbys were actually rebadged Howa’s, not a bad gun just cheaper made. Look at the bolt face, if it has two locking lugs like the Remington 700 it’s probably a dressed up Howa.

My 2 cents say Remington.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I picked up a Remington Sendero 7mm from Dhall on here last year. It does great on paper, I put down a moose with one shot, and a whitetail as well. Only small complaint I have is it's on the heavier side if you plan on walking around all day, but it's not terrible.

If it’s a Mark V it’s a damn fine action. The Vanguard was the Weatherby version of the Howa 1500 actions, owned one in .300wby and it was terrible. As to being a 7mmWby, they chamber them in standard cartridges too.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

It' a Mark V not a vanguard. I agree the Sendero is heavy. I don't walk far to the stand and figured it would cut down on recoil. I don't have an urge to go hiking over mountain tops chasing goats at this time.
    Last edited by CofC Waterfowler; 02-12-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    It' a Mark V not a vanguard. I agree the Sendero is heavy. I don't walk far to the stand and figured it would cut down on recoil. I don't have an urge to going hiking over mountain tops chasing goats at this time.
    7mmRM doesn’t have bad recoil with a well designed stock. I have 3 of them, the Parker-Hale and Sako are easy to shoot, the No.1 will knock your dick into your watch pocket if you don’t have it into your shoulder.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    It' a Mark V not a vanguard. I agree the Sendero is heavy. I don't walk far to the stand and figured it would cut down on recoil. I don't have an urge to going hiking over mountain tops chasing goats at this time.
    Then the Sendero is your Huckleberry
    Genesis 9;2

I would buy both, especially if one was a rem mag and the other a weatherby mag and the price was right.

Buy the sendero. That's your shooter.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Bergara B-14 in 7MM at Sportsmans warehouse on sale for $679 last Saturday.
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 02-12-2020 at 04:38 PM.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

And what's so terrible about the Howa 1500? I've got one in .243 that is an absolute tack driver. It's funny though b/c its in a green Hogue over molded stock and when hunting with a buddy this year he thought it was a Mark V Weatherby b/c it looked almost identical to his 260 Weatherby.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Howa is a good gun.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

My buddy has the Mark V Accumark, and just got a Vanguard (I think the model is called "First Light"). There is a very noticeable difference in the quality between the two. I'm not saying they don't shoot ok, but there is a reason they are 1/2 the price of the Mark V

I pulled the trigger on the Sendero.

Great choice.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

You’ll like it. Best rifle I’ve ever owned.