Thread: Waders

Default Waders

Time to buy a new pair, leaning towards Frogg Toggs breathable insulated, know a couple guys that have had them and have liked them so far. Considering the standard and not the zip-front. Any input?

Bought a set this year. I’ll never wear neoprene again. Friend has had a set since they first came out and has had zero issue.

Not frog toggs but Rogers sporting goods has their toughmans on end of season sale, at least they did last time I checked. I picked up a pair of uninsulated breathables and used them the last 4-6 hunts this season. I'm very impressed with the quality and features on them. No idea on zipper models or if they have them.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Bought a pair of insulated ones before the season started and they made it through whole season so they are already better than every pair of banded waders ive had. I like them so far. Good design too. I like the removable insulation.

I just finished my 3rd season in my Frogg Togg 2.0 breathables. I love them. However, I ordered the "stout" because I'm 6'4 250 lbs and they are massive. Buddy just ordered some this year and they came with the regular and extreme liners.
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

I’ve been wearing the Frog Togg’s for years. All wader manufactures have flaws but they are definitely my go to waders for breathables. I have worn Cabelas,Banded, and Drake breathables also.I averaged a season and a half to 2 seasons out of a pair. I actually bought a pair of zipper front waders this season. They use the same zipper that yeti uses on their soft coolers.

Roger's breathable for 3 years no issues

get the zipper

I have switched to the insulated breathable and will not go back to neoprene most likely. The one drawback (probably the only) that I have learned about the insulated breathable is walking long distance in water less than waist deep. To me the neoprenes seem more hydrodynamic and the insulated breathable seem to have much more drag in the water. Never really made a difference to me until this year while walking a mile in knee deep water.

The Rogers brand is Frogg Toggs. Several guys in my club have been wearing Frogg Toggs for a while (one of them is a bass angler and sponsored). His rep. hooked them up with breathables. I bought the Rogers this year and love them.
    \"If they don\'t hatch, they don\'t fly south\"

I bought a pair of lightly used Rogers from Nabs son. I worked the hail out of them in all sorts of conditions this year and fully expected them to give out, they handled it all like a champ and were extremely comfortable, dry and warm.
    Genesis 9;2

2 years on the Rogers breathables with zip out insulation so far. Fully expect to get at least 2-3 more years easy out of them as long as I don’t tear them, which they handled briars this year no problem. Will never go back to neoprene.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

I picked up a pair of Rogers breathable's on sale and hunted a couple times and no complaints yet

another vote for rogers toughman breathables. so far, everything bout them beats banded

I'll second rogers. Second season running three in one breathable. I had one small leak and fixed with aquaseal. I'm hard on shit and I'm positive I'll get through next year with them. Never go back to neoprene!