Thread: Next Level Yak Fising

Default Next Level Yak Fising

500# Marlin from a kayak...

Last edited by reeltight; 02-10-2020 at 05:29 PM.

And not even the record from a kayak! Robert's a good guy though. Very deeply involved in the kayak community and really does some great videos detailing his adventures. He traveled to the West coast when I was out there in California and was supposed to do a Clear Lake bass fishing trip with me but we just couldn't get our schedules to line up. He's one of the few kayak fisherman that has dove all in and pretty much makes his living solely off of kayak fishing.

If you want to see another prime example of someone that is making the most of their kayak fishing passion check out my friend Kristine Fischer. She has quit her "real" job and is chasing the kayak fishing tournament trail full time. She does some outdoor writing on the side to subsidize her income but she's a huge sensation right now. She travels the country with her boyfriend AJ, who works for Hobie Kayaks, and they fish events around the country and make videos. He YouTube is growing but her Instagram has been around forever and has some unreal photos on it. She cofounded the Women's Fishing Federation with my wife to promote introducing women to the outdoors.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

That’s cool RK