Thread: Hunting the Francis marion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hunting the Francis marion

Anyone ever try spot and stalk type hunting for pigs around there?

I've been watching too many youtube videos lately and have come up with the inclination to try this with my recurve. Figured I'd glean any advice I could before setting a plan.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Better find the high ground and you should be good to go especially with all this water heading that way.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Francis Marion is full of hog and you could easily spot and stalk them. The only problem is you can only hunt with weapons appropriate for what is in season. Right now only small game is open so you can only hunt bludgeon points.

Quote Originally Posted by Marv870 View Post
    The only problem is you can only hunt with weapons appropriate for what is in season. Right now only small game is open so you can only hunt bludgeon points.

Well that is a head scratcher but thank you. I never would have thought they would limit method of take on hogs.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Get a 22 mag rifle and go spot and shoot

The State/DNR is convinced that if you have a real weapon- you will kill deer given the opportunity. Just dumbasses -I can kill the hell out of a deer with a 22

You don't have to go all the way down there to get on the hogs. Holla if you want to try some more local pigs via paddlecraft. I've been meaning to try them every time we flood.