Thread: Delta 5 opinions wanted

Default Delta 5 opinions wanted

might go haid, might not...thinking .308 if anyone has done some shooting with one. TIA.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Haven’t shot or seen one in person, but everything I’ve held or shot from Daniel Defense has been sweeeeeeeeet
    Never confuse enthusiasm for capability

Yes Indeed

I’ve handled several but not shot. Not to be a downer, but other than the barrel nut system it seems way too over priced for what you get. Magpulish stock, bolt not great, no NV rail and at a $2200 MSRP. I’m partial, because I’ve owned a bunch, but you can get a Bergara for less and it’s got a much smoother bolt and average mean accuracy across the board with all models/calibers of .44”. I’ve had two Bergara 308 HMR’s, which is what I’d compared them to. You can get for half the price and both have been sub .4” at 100. I’m sure they’re good, but I feel like an extra $1000 is tagged on for the brand name. I know Tikka makes great products too and are shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by saltedbutter View Post
    I’ve handled several but not shot. Not to be a downer, but other than the barrel nut system it seems way too over priced for what you get. Magpulish stock, bolt not great, no NV rail and at a $2200 MSRP. I’m partial, because I’ve owned a bunch, but you can get a Bergara for less and it’s got a much smoother bolt and average mean accuracy across the board with all models/calibers of .44”. I’ve had two Bergara 308 HMR’s, which is what I’d compared them to. You can get for half the price and both have been sub .4” at 100. I’m sure they’re good, but I feel like an extra $1000 is tagged on for the brand name. I know Tikka makes great products too and are shooters.
    I guess I'm trying to figure out what the advantage would be to own a bolt-action that is designed like an AR..

I gotcha, and wasn't trying to just shit on their product. If bergara came out with an AR with magpul furniture and wanted $1800 for it, I would say the same. From what I believe you can swap barrels and calibers with a barrel nut wrench. Which is nice in theory, but I highly doubt really utilized all that often.

I haven’t shot one, but I don’t see anything special on that rifle other than name to justify the price.
    Every manufacture is putting out a chassis rifle now and there are some advantages to them. No bedding, no bottom metal, adjustable fit, and easy to attach accessories. You could buy a good barreled action, drop it in a chassis and have a better rifle for less IMO.

Pretty much what FLS said - check out McRees Precision and you'll find barreled actions (guaranteed .5 MOA), chassis etc. Not hard at all to assemble a great shooter for far less money.

Solid info..thx folks. I think I was looking a little too hard at em. Check this out:

https://www.tactical-life.com/news/d...-notification/

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I want a Christensen precision rifle. I have one of their carbon barrels on an AR10 and love it. It's light and rigid even as it heats up. I think the carbon barrel on my Volquartsen 17HMR may also be a private labeled Christensen barrel too. Both are accurate barrels. When I saw their advertisement for their precision rifle, I fell in love. I could probably build one slightly cheaper but the idea of getting one with already matched components is compelling. I'm not really sure I could beat their price much with a carbon barrel.

I don't plan to get into long range shooting for competition. I just want one for plinking and hunting and I want it as light as possible. The model I want weighs right at 7 pounds before adding glass. I already have a nice scope to put on it.

https://christensenarms.com/modern-precision-rifle/

Talk me out of it.

I don’t think you can buy the parts and have a good smith put it together that cheap.
    I don’t know how they can build precision rifles that cheap.
    If you want it go for it.