Thread: Anyone own a Sea Hunt BX22 Pro?

Default Anyone own a Sea Hunt BX22 Pro?

Looking at a couple used ones. Curious is anyone has one with a 150 and a T-Top and can speak to performance. The ones I’m looking at have a 150, and I would want to add a T Top. Didn’t know how much that would effect power.

Not looking for a race boat, just want to make sure it won’t struggle loaded down with a few guys and gear fishing.

I have the 22BR version with a hardtop and F250. WOT, loaded, and trimmed out it will run about 54 MPH. Best fuel economy is around 4.2 gph at 32-33 mph.

My buddy has one with a 150, too slow for me, might get low 40’s with a t-top.

I have a 150 on my 19' and it is perfect.

Roger, thanks guys

150 on a 22 is under powered especially if you’re looking to run it in the ocean. Take forever to get up one plane.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I used to own a Navigator 22 as my lake/ inshore boat a good number of years ago. That boat was the predecessor to the bx22... Same hull/ running surface with a different liner. I had a two-stroke Yamaha ox66 150 on the back of it... And I would not have wanted anything less. It did not have a t-top on it. I was constantly swapping between props on it if I had to load her down.

I had the BX22BR with the I4 200hp Yamaha and I hated that motor. The 150 is too small as well. That boat needs at least a 250.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    150 on a 22 is under powered especially if you’re looking to run it in the ocean. Take forever to get up one plane.
    This regardless of boat or T top.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.