Thread: Yamaha Gauge Help Needed/ NEMA 2000

Default Yamaha Gauge Help Needed/ NEMA 2000

Im helping a friend rebuild his dash. He has a 2004 Yamaha 150 without the NEMA port. Boat currently has analog gauges. 2 questions.

1. Can I simply replace engine harness and ECM to 2006 model to get NEMA capability? Are the harness's interchangeable. Ive read that some 04 and 05's had the NEMA port but needed the newer ECM.

2. If we don't go 1st route what does it take to use the Yamaha digital gauges? Do they connect where the analog gauges connect?

Quote Originally Posted by waterbreaker View Post
    Im helping a friend rebuild his dash. He has a 2004 Yamaha 150 without the NEMA port. Boat currently has analog gauges. 2 questions.

1. Can I simply replace engine harness and ECM to 2006 model to get NEMA capability? Are the harness's interchangeable. Ive read that some 04 and 05's had the NEMA port but needed the newer ECM.

2. If we don't go 1st route what does it take to use the Yamaha digital gauges? Do they connect where the analog gauges connect?
    Can't really help other than to say that I have a 2005 F150 with the NMEA port but it does not work with my NMEA gauge. (Actually it does work but only for about 6 seconds. It works for another 6 seconds after I shut-off and restart the motor). I have heard that it takes a 2006 or later ECM to get the NMEA 2000 to work.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.