Thread: Polaris Ranger 570 question

Default Polaris Ranger 570 question

Does anyone here own one or have real world experience on that machine? I am curious to see how big of a difference there is between the 1000.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Its smaller and makes a hell of a lot more noise......

^^^What he said
    Plant it they will come.

Solid machine but Underpowered imho
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

We have both, full size. I would not buy another 570. Ours is the full size 3 seater. Power steering is always a must have. Especially with bigger tires and when you get in those deep ruts.
    Last edited by Steelin' Ducks; 02-07-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    Solid machine but Underpowered imho
    Agreed.

The difference between the Honda Pioneer 700 and 1000 is TWICE the HP (36 vs 72hp when it first came out). TWICE!??! I mean I know these companies want to push consumers to the higher price models but that should not be a reason to have that much difference in spec. Sorry to F up your Ranger thread but it needed to be said.
    Dum Spiro Spero

My pioneer 700 is slow as Christmas
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Have a ranger 700 it has good low range and decent high range. Probably 40 ish top speed. It is noisy tho

I bought a 2020 midsize 570 back in September. I’m only carrying myself and maybe one other person. It’s done everything I’ve asked of it. If you’re looking to pull a trailer around with a load it’s probably not what I would buy. I usually haul 6-8 bags of corn and it’s enough for that. I get around 52 mph if that matters to you. To be honest I’ve never pushed it to its limit so not sure what it could really handle.

Thanks guys. I am all over the board right now about what I want to buy. I just bought my son a polaris atv. He is six. I need something to chase him around on and something to deer hunt with. I am not looking to go racing, but I do want something that isn't slow as shit that I can't sell if I want to change directions. I have noticed there are way more used 570s for sale than the bigger motor, but I don't know if that is bc more were sold or its guys trying to correct a mistake of not spending the money on the bigger motor. Also, I am not married to the idea of getting a polaris. I am about to start researching other makes and models.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

I have the 500. Plenty of power for my needs. Runs low 50’s hauls 2 comfortably along with a box full of hounds. I prefer it over the larger ones bc I can get through the woods easier. I’ve used a friends 570 and couldn’t tell a difference between his and mine power wise.

I own a 2016 570 midsize and it has been great for my needs. I take it out of state every year to my deer spot and run it through hell and back across muddy crop fields, nasty ditches, and god awful "roads" that have been sprayed with a few inches of oil from the trucks checking the pumps. Use it for hanging stands and getting deer out etc. and it hasn't skipped a beat. The farmer we deal with has several 1000's and they for sure have a bunch more power. The v-twin is quieter but for the racket that both make, noise isn't relevant as they both are loud running full tilt. Mine is gov limited to 52...the 1000's will get to mid 60's in a hurry. Never felt my 570 was under powered and fits on a 5x10 trailer.

Got a 2015 570 two seater and a 2006 700 6 wheel two seater.

570 hauls ass but has low ground clearance. It’s our daily driver. It’s quieter than our 700 but also 10 years newer. The 700 is our work horse. I’d buy both again if available.
    Go Tigers!!!

We are on our second 570. Load it up with sprayer water tanks or fertilizer all the time. Works great for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Its smaller and makes a hell of a lot more noise......

Looked at one but spent the extra money and got XP 900.

Nothing wrong with other one but is kind of small for me plus I never want to be underpowered

I don’t have the ranger 570 but have the rzr 570.

The 800 and the 570 have the same motor minus the computer. The 800 has 3mph over my 570. I went with the 570 due to width. I have no problem hauling 15-20 bags of corn on a trailer and then some. We use my razor on the club more than the Vikings and rangers just due to the width. I wouldn’t let the motor size hold you back. We aren’t drag racing.

If you are over 6' I would suggest driving a mid size a good distance before you buy. They are not comfortable to drive. Maybe if you are smaller it is ok but the fill size rangers are a lot more comfortable IMHO
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

S10 or full size Silverado?

I have a 2019 mid size and it does everything I want to do. About the extent of the “work” I do with it is pulling a drag harrow to cover food plots, run a spreader, etc. I’ve got tractors to do heavier things. It will run upper 40’s and get there pretty quick. The thought that it’s under powered has never crossed my mind. The mid size is perfect for me because it will fit on a smaller trailer and get through the woods pretty easy. The only reason I’d care to have a full size would be for four seats, but with the age my kids are, we can ride 4 on the front just fine. The only reason I could justify the extra money on a larger one would be if I were pulling a plow with it. If I recall correctly though, the 500/570’s are rated to pull and haul pretty much the same amount as the larger machines until you get to the 1000’s.