Thread: 2010 GMC Sierra

Default 2010 GMC Sierra

I have a cracked dash and I'm pretty sure this has been an issue for all GM models during the 2007-2011 years. What's the best way to go about getting this fixed? I've called a few body shops around here and they do not do that. It's annoying as hell

I will have to check the brand but I bought a custom fitted plastic skin that glued down to the dash to cover it all as one piece. You can hardly tell it is not original and way cheaper than replacing the dash.

Quick google and it looks like dashskin is the brand and they are about $130.
    Last edited by SouthernWake; 02-07-2020 at 11:46 AM.

Looks like that's a route I'm going to take. Do you think the annoying squeaky noise that I'm facing with my old one will be eliminated with this skin?

Glue your squeaky parts together then glue them to the skin. Shouldn’t be any vibration to cause the squeaking.
    Comes with pretty easy directions.

Hell that musta been the only thing that didn't break on my 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I have a 2010 tahoe and when I asked the Chevy place on Asheville Hwy about it, they said they have a guy that comes in and glues them back together. Claims you can't tell it, but I haven't had it done nor have I seen one that has been done.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Glue your squeaky parts together then glue them to the skin. Shouldn’t be any vibration to cause the squeaking.
    Comes with pretty easy directions.
    Thanks for the sage advice!

Default 2010 GMC Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by Drakey View Post
    I have a 2010 tahoe and when I asked the Chevy place on Asheville Hwy about it, they said they have a guy that comes in and glues them back together. Claims you can't tell it, but I haven't had it done nor have I seen one that has been done.
    The guy I bought my 2010 from had it repaired like that, 4 months later a new crack ran 1/4”” to the side of the repair.
    Last edited by Gone South; 02-08-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Easy way to fix all the issues with the GM trucks is to buy a Tundra.

More fuel = more boost!!