Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russell Moccasins

If you are lucky maybe Sue Fabricius will do your measurements.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    If you're wanting suave and waterproof go with Le Chameaus.. I mean I like my lacrosse boots, a lot. But Chameaus are comfy and dashing.
    I knew I could count on you.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

I had a pair of zephyrs like twenty years ago. I kinda got buggy with that style because of my pants leg always hanging up around the top. Like when I jumped out the truck, yada yada yada

I have a pair of upland style hunters, can't remember the exact model, they are probably 23-25 years old...honestly, I grab my Filson Uplanders before I grab the Russells... But that's probably more of a situation of my foot changing over the years and current fit than the quality of the boots. Had them resoled once, probably not far from needing it again.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 02-07-2020 at 11:35 AM.

My blood brother as a kid went off after we grew up a little and became a smoke jumper. He came back and visited when I was 20ish. He had on a pair of Whites, and talked of their toughness. That year I bought a pair, and have been a fan since.. as of the pricier boots I own Whites are my favorite.

My advice would be to try on a few at SEWE. If you find a pair that you like and they fit well, go with those. I tried the custom fitting process and they sent me four pairs, none of which fit anything close to as well as the display pair they had at their booth. Two were so far off I was convinced they were supposed to be sent to another person.

The only criticism I’ve really seen over the years is how off their custom fits can be.

You can't go wrong with Russell Boots.

On my second pair of Russell snake boots in 50 years. Only reason I am on #2 is some lowlife stole the first pair out of my truck. The second pair has been re-soled by them and had the some of the stitching tightened up and replaced. As long as you keep the leather dressing on them, they have been as waterproof as any leather boot I have owned can be. They are incredibly comfortable.

Had a pair of Bird shooters. I just wore them out past the point Russell could rebuild then. They were the most comfortable lace up boot I ever owned. A lot sharptail chasing miles went into those boots. Only reason I don't have a pair right now is at the time they wore out, I had a wife, two young kids and a mortgage. It was choice between new Russells or the mortgage payment and a cheaper pair of boots. My wife said I would be very unhappy sleeping in the street with only my new Russell Bird shooters for company. In the spirit of compromise, I suggested my oldest son, who was six at the time, could be rented out to a landscaping company who worked on a couple of the neighbor's yards, for enough money to cover the mortgage payment. I ended up compromising by sleeping the yard with only the cheaper boots for company.
    The only good thing about my imperfections is the joy they bring my friends.

Beware the man with one gun...he probably has other faults also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    My advice would be to try on a few at SEWE. If you find a pair that you like and they fit well, go with those. I tried the custom fitting process and they sent me four pairs, none of which fit anything close to as well as the display pair they had at their booth. Two were so far off I was convinced they were supposed to be sent to another person.

The only criticism I’ve really seen over the years is how off their custom fits can be.
    And that’s why I just buy the standard sizes a half size less than what I normally wear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.