Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Burch a Gamecock

Damn that hurts.

Easy come, easy go. I always thought him and Zachh Pickens were pretty solid, but didn't live up to their ability on paper. I guess that's what happens when you compare DL to a generational talent such as JD Clowney. If we never had Clowney, Burch and Pickens would look to be a lot more complete players..

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Not no mo. He gone...
    Well that stinks. I thought his best game all year was against ND. Maybe he was trying to prove a point. The transfer portal and NIL are hurting a lot of programs. If they had to still sit out a year it would put a halt to a bunch of this BS. This is one thing I agree with Dabo on...

He is a decent one and will hurt
    The one thing Beamer has been clear on is the need to beef up the O-line and the D-line.
    The Coots haven't had a decent line since the Old Nut Sack ruled. This is part of the problem
    with talented running backs having nowhere to run and having to get stuffed or bounce outside.
    It is clear Beamer is upgrading the O-line and has some studs signed and a few more about to commit
    within the next week. We talking 6'6' 330lbers and up
    Beamer knows what's up
    Oh, and 2 is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Well that stinks. I thought his best game all year was against ND. Maybe he was trying to prove a point. The transfer portal and NIL are hurting a lot of programs. If they had to still sit out a year it would put a halt to a bunch of this BS. This is one thing I agree with Dabo on...
    Spot on with entire post

This transfer portal and NIL is out of control , going to get worse

Hell wonder why we even have signing day anymore

Re instate the 1 yr sit out and bring it to a halt

Quote Originally Posted by Boduke View Post
    Easy come, easy go. I always thought him and Zachh Pickens were pretty solid, but didn't live up to their ability on paper. I guess that's what happens when you compare DL to a generational talent such as JD Clowney. If we never had Clowney, Burch and Pickens would look to be a lot more complete players..
    Yep, same as us Tigers expecting DJ to be another D Watson or TL Those 2 were special players and D Wat more than TL

Gonna be hard for any QB to live up to those expectations at Clemson
    Last edited by tprice; 01-05-2023 at 02:19 PM.

The loss of just the body on the DL hurts just as bad as it being Burch.

You'll never convince me that he's not leaving for more NIL money.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    The loss of just the body on the DL hurts just as bad as it being Burch.

You'll never convince me that he's not leaving for more NIL money.
    Yep

4.5 sacks in 3 years. Other than experience I don't see this as a big lose. He can be replaced. He had a lot of hype coming out of high school. He never lived up to it. He was a classic case of a man playing amongst boys on the SCISSA level. Beamer knew this was coming days ago and has already started working on replacing him. If Oregon wants to pay him big money to be a mediocre DL, then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boduke View Post
    Ingram was better than Clowney...

He's been doing it his whole career. I think he and Pickens were pretty much busts considering their "potential" coming out of high school, or so it was said. I think it's a prime example of don't get too hung up on star rating.

Imagine being a college coach and having to manage a roster, given the recruiting class size restrictions and scholarship limit. It’s simply impossible.

I had a neighbor whose 5 year old son asked for a Marshawn Lloyd jersey for Christmas. When Lloyd hit the portal, they opted to give him a Burch jersey instead.

All of these things are making it easier for me to spend my fall weekends at the farm.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Yeah it was wild last year but this year has been insane. They'll have to go back to making them sit a year or it'll become glorified travel ball.

Burch had his best game in the bowl. Lotta eyes were watching. $$$
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 01-05-2023 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Imagine being a college coach and having to manage a roster, given the recruiting class size restrictions and scholarship limit. It’s simply impossible.

I had a neighbor whose 5 year old son asked for a Marshawn Lloyd jersey for Christmas. When Lloyd hit the portal, they opted to give him a Burch jersey instead.

All of these things are making it easier for me to spend my fall weekends at the farm.
    When you weigh spending roughly the same amount on:

* A damn nice family vacation

* Your kid's college tuition for a semester +

* Tickets for four to all of the games, parking, food, etc - when in reality, maybe only two are worth the hassle of going to see

The decision becomes pretty easy. Especially now that the schools are encouraging you to chip in for some NIL to boot.

That's pretty funny.

For every action, there is a reaction
    The transfer portal taketh and the transfer portal giveth

Give them 5yrs of eligibility, if they transfer they have to sit and year and lose a year of eligibility, so a net two years. No more redshirt years. They leave for more NIL money, they have to pay back everything they got under the former team they played for plus tuition/room & board/meal plans and books. Lots of kids wanting to go to college that can't afford to and these pecker-heads get a free ride because they can play a game with no repercussions when they don't get their way.

Something has to be done, it's nothing more than glorified free agency for NFL tryouts now. College football isn't even fun to watch anymore with all this BS going on.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

He probably been getting paid to play football for almost 8 years now. Cock checks probably ran out.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Give them 5yrs of eligibility, if they transfer they have to sit and year and lose a year of eligibility, so a net two years. No more redshirt years. They leave for more NIL money, they have to pay back everything they got under the former team they played for plus tuition/room & board/meal plans and books. Lots of kids wanting to go to college that can't afford to and these pecker-heads get a free ride because they can play a game with no repercussions when they don't get their way.

Something has to be done, it's nothing more than glorified free agency for NFL tryouts now. College football isn't even fun to watch anymore with all this BS going on.
    This right here.

Climp5in being in the shitter is making it easier for me to spend my fall weekends at the farm.
    Understandable

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post

You get hired out of college by a company that pays you $36k and puts you through their corporate training program for two years. After those two years, you are a top performer in their training program, so they offer you a bump to $50k and an upgraded title. Google offers you $200k. So, to take the job with google, do you pay back your former employer and can’t work for google for one year?

Come on. The ADULTS in the room are the ones offering the money. If they feel like Jordan Burch is worth $1mil in Eugene, OR, fools and their money are soon parted.

Nobody had an issue with this when it was U of SC taking Juice from James Madison or whatever.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Beamer said, you gotta find the diamonds in the rough at the lesser schools, aka Juice Wells.
    He said he and Adkins spend up to two hours a day watching film looking for these guys
    IE: I think the running back he just got from Newberry College is going to impress...........hide and watch
    Mario Anderson, Division II player of the year. He rushed for 1,560 yards and 19 touchdowns on 211 carries in 2022. Anderson also notched more than 100 yards in nine of 10 games this fall......................#diamondsforsale

Western Illinois, Sydney Fugar Standing at 6'5 and 332 lbs
    O-line , about to get snatched to Columbia. Beamer said, he can play in the SEC all day long
    They like these guys, as they have already logged plenty of playing time and not coming right outta HS
    Last edited by ecu1984; 01-05-2023 at 07:57 PM.