Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Burch a Gamecock

I can’t imagine how hard this is for Butch and his mom. Commitment to winning is easy. Commitment to become a perennial loser has to be a hard pill to swallow. I’m sure he’s never been involved in a level of suck like he’s going to be a part of.

Tanner needs to call Muschamp and tell him to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that 99.999999999% of every player that ever played college ball signed a LOI, but the fact is he is not required to sign one. He can just show up on campus and sign scholarship papers in May or June or whenever he shows up and be done with it.

I feel sorry for the kid no matter what school he chooses. Like I said before, I don't know him, never met him, and never watched him play a down, but feels like he is trying to appease too many people.

i know where you're coming from but dont listen to these people and make your own conclusion.

On Dec 20th, on ESPN, he stood in front of his coaches and teammates and donned a USC hat.
    On Feb 5th, he reasserted his commitment on TV.

In between, he continued to visit schools he had promised to visit.

Where in all that is the "Jordan is going to LSU" stuff because it doesnt appear to me to be coming from the things he does in front of the camera and world?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    I can’t imagine how hard this is for Butch and his mom. Commitment to winning is easy. Commitment to become a perennial loser has to be a hard pill to swallow. I’m sure he’s never been involved in a level of suck like he’s going to be a part of.
    Really? He played at Wilson with Thomas. You could tell they were the best two there, but Wilson sucked it up pretty bad that year.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i know where you're coming from but dont listen to these people and make your own conclusion.

On Dec 20th, on ESPN, he stood in front of his coaches and teammates and donned a USC hat.
    On Feb 5th, he reasserted his commitment on TV.

In between, he continued to visit schools he had promised to visit.

Where in all that is the "Jordan is going to LSU" stuff because it doesnt appear to me to be coming from the things he does in front of the camera and world?
    Kevin, I don't know anything about this young man other than what he has done publicly, and the consistent things I've heard about him from those that know him well. You must admit that he has not handled this well. I have no clue whether these are his decisions/actions, or those of his mother. If he is truly going to U of SC, why hasn't he signed his scholarship papers like 99.99% of the other college football recruits in the country have done?

What appeared to be an intelligent attempt to shield the young man from the pitfalls of recruiting has become a circus, and there is no positive side of this for Burch. He may well go to U of SC, and I truly don't care what he does, but this is simply not a good look. It doesn't look good for Hammond, Kimrey, his family, and U of SC. Thousands of players have signed scholarship papers since Dec 20. Why does he have to create a circus?
    Last edited by trkykilr; 02-06-2020 at 04:18 PM.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

This is mild compared to Zach Evans' recruitment.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Anything happened yet?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Nah...apparently the kid wants to go to USC but the family still has some things to iron out.

I love college football at all levels...but this stinks of mama is about to be the executive assistant to some car dealer...work 8hrs a week / make 85gs a ya and sit club level on Saturday...in BR

If she is a single parent, paying full tuition at Hammond an $85k job should not change any minds and a likely a cut in pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt she pay for Hammond. He probably had a free ride.

Hammond has always been notorious for recruiting
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

mrs Knemdichi has a plan.

Nothing wrong with shopping a price for your youngins services.

Officially officially a Gamecock, officially
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Congrats.

What a shitshow.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I imagine Momma will have an umbrella seat at practice.

Champ will get pointers on the reg.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    I imagine Momma will have an umbrella seat at practice.

Champ will get pointers on the reg.
    If she can teach blocking and tackling then put her on the staff. They need all the help they can get.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Idiots, the whole lot of ya
    Fuck Climp5in and the Shetland ponies they rode into town on.