Thread: Anyone ever owned or been in either of these boats?

Default Anyone ever owned or been in either of these boats?

Seaarc Big Easy or any of the newer Boat Right boats like the "Classic" model? I'm not currently in any position yet to bite off a boat purchase of this magnitude, but hopefully within the next two to three years, I can make something happen. I'm trying to figure out a good boat that I can take to lakes like the Marion and Moultrie or take in big rivers like the Ohio or Mississippi and have a jam up catfishing setup while also having plenty of lounging room for the wife and two boys to chill comfortably. These models seem to fit the "nearly the room of a pontoon" without the bulk of a pontoon. I can't believe the freaking price of these boats; they are super nice, but for the love of Pete, the engineering and materials can't be anywhere near the level of high end autos that fetch similar prices. Regardless, if you've ever been in one or have ever owned one, what are your thoughts? Any issues or situations where either of these boats wouldn't be a wise choice and where you would not want to take them on freshwater in the continental US? Thanks in advance.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

220 views and narry an opinion on THIS site! Dayum. Y’all must just skip from a 1642 straight to the 100k+ center consoles! This is what has me really, really concerned about spending ~50k on an aluminum hybrid fishing/family pleasure craft! I love the layouts and apparent functionality, but if it turns out to be a mistake, there doesn’t seem to be much of a market for a slightly used, 35-40k fishing boat that isn’t covered with glitter and able to run 60+ mph.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 02-04-2020 at 05:16 PM.

I believe the "big easy" is a pimped out 2472 like I have right?

Mine is more like a Coonass Cajun Cruiser, nothing fancy, plywood floor beater. Runs great with a load but will knock a filling loose in a chop running light or empty. It has an '08 Honda 135 on her now and is super quiet a hog hunting machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cajunwannabe; 02-04-2020 at 05:20 PM.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

A ribbed bare 2472 is around $7200
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Good to know. I know a few folks around here with welding, upholstery, and wiring skills that would make the interior rival a freaking bently for 25K...and I'd be saving 12-15K to boot. Thanks.

Anyone with any knowledge regarding Boat Right boats? It looks like you could fish and cook out on that boat comfortably for a week and turn it into a duck blind/small lake island that you’d enjoy with or without ducks flying.

Never heard of them.

I know guys that like the flat deck but I feel like stuff would get kicked in the water or fall off.

I owned a DuraCraft 2072 and it was an absolute blast. We would put a picnic table in it sideways and load it up with people much like the picture above and wakeboard behind it. This was during the grass era on the lake so I would put a big blind and ring neck hunt four people out of it five days a week. Like the one pictured above, I like mine being bare so I had the versitility to do whatever I wanted with it, including hauling ATVs for people that needed to get to islands. My experience was that big aluminum boats like this have "twist" cracks in the corners but I just dropped it off by a welder once a year and they fixed me right up. Like most boats this light, in a cross current or cross wind, it was exciting to load on a trailer. If I only had to have one boat for the rest of my life it would be that 2072 or a 1872. This is the time of year some used ones should pop up, be patient. Also, I came very close to buying a used 2472 Sea Ark (like pictured below) from an oyster farm on John's Island but it had a very small motor and I did not want to try to find a good used motor. MG

https://www.akmccallumco.com/New-Inv...69873?ref=list

69BF1303-4E47-4B85-A472-C8D88176918F.jpg
    Last edited by Maggie Glover; 02-05-2020 at 03:25 PM.
    Dum Spiro Spero