Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If it will pattern...

indeed

i'm the same way....but just on weekends.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I was just getting to the point of paying attention to the bead or barrel in wingshooting.. and saying that it is bad.

And I understood that. My opinion is that a gun that patterns below the rib puts more barrel in your view, in the way even wingshooting.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Did I bother somebody?

nothing on this thread has bothered me,
    I'm a retired horseshoer with over 40 yrs of dealing with crazy horse people, a couple of forum questions is not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by crow View Post
    I'm a retired horseshoer with over 40 yrs of dealing with crazy horse people, a couple of forum questions is not a problem.
    I know a few in your trade... I'm in Camden, own liquor stores, and deal with horse people daily

You, Sir, are a candidate for Sainthood...

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    this is the part I dont get. i would say something is definitely wrong....but i'm not about to have to think about how to mount that specific gun. my brain wouldnt let me. it would just aim and shoot and I guess I would knock his legs out from under him....

If you have an iron sighted rifle that shoots 10 inches low you would lower the front sight and/or raise the rear sight

by putting a mid bead which is now the rear sight on a turkey gun that is shooting low, and you aim it by setting the front bead on top of the mid bead like a figure 8, that would raise your point of impact. which is also allowing you to see more barrel or rib.

What I was saying earlier in the case of my SXS which also shot low when I aimed it like a rifle, was that by putting a mid bead on the gun and setting the front bead on top of it, it raised the POI of the center of pattern to POA and fixed the problem.

If I need to shoot at a moving target and I mount the gun like a shotgun the mid bead is not in the way

Ditto. I'll probably be having a mid bead installed after the warranty work, expecting they will probably just address trigger pull.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I know a few in your trade... I'm in Camden, own liquor stores, and deal with horse people daily
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    You, Sir, are a candidate for Sainthood...
    HS deserves sainthood too, then....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Great Caesar's Ghost!

Prayers sent for your back and your brain.
    Last edited by Glenn; 02-26-2020 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Great Caesar's Ghost!

Prayers sent for your back and your brain.

LOL, for the most part the horses were a breeze compared to some of the people.

Thanks for the prayers

CZ replaced the gun. Got caught up in the covid shutdowns so it wasn’t here for turkey season. Have only shot some field loads patterning full chokes at 20 yards but both barrels centered now. Planning on doves and ducks this fall then turkeys next year.
    50A8AF00-9F19-41AC-A1E9-5D46228F91BC.jpg