Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If it will pattern...

Default If it will pattern...

I'm gonna try to kill a turkey with it. Just got a new CZ Hammer Classic 12 ga and waiting on a couple more flush chokes for it, an xfull and turkey super. Planning to try 3" Fed Hevi 7s to start out with.
    IMG_0971.jpg
    IMG_0972.jpg
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

I have no doubt you will kill a turkey with that gun
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    I'm gonna try to kill a turkey with it. Just got a new CZ Hammer Classic 12 ga and waiting on a couple more flush chokes for it, an xfull and turkey super. Planning to try 3" Fed Hevi 7s to start out with.
    IMG_0971.jpg
    IMG_0972.jpg
    I have what you need. Low pressure TSS 8’s. You are welcome to them
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Gorgeous piece!

I like it

Good looking gun. I used to have a Midlands Gun Company 12 gauge hammer gun. Be very careful with those hammers and how you hold it. I was in Delaware hunting Brant a few years ago, and was laying back in the grass. Some Brant came by, and I brought the gun up to shoulder, catching one of the hammers on my coat as I raised it. It pulled the hammer back enough that when it came free of my coat, it fired the barrel. My lab was inches from getting her head blown off. I sold the gun after that hunt. Loved the gun, very fun to shoot, just made me nervous after that.

Cool weapon!
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Purty- gonna be a killer

Bear I had read a comment elsewhere before buying. The fellow said the tang mounted safety was a good thing especially if you hunted layout blinds or sneak boats. I haven't done that much of either so that didn't sink in till I read your comments above. I imagine I'll probably pre cock the gun and run it with safety on while posted duck hunting or when I am hooked up working a tom, let the hammers down when moving off post. Thanks for the caution comments.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

6897DE6D-437E-4735-99C2-DBD37A60CF94.jpeg
    Bear I had read a comment elsewhere before buying. The fellow said the tang mounted safety was a good thing especially if you hunted layout blinds or sneak boats. I haven't done that much of either so that didn't sink in till I read your comments above. I imagine I'll probably pre cock the gun and run it with safety on while posted duck hunting or when I am hooked up working a tom, let the hammers down when moving off post. Thanks for the caution comments.
    Above is right before that happened. Good thing your’s has a safety. It’s a cool looking gun. Look forward to seeing how you like it. Might pick myself one up down the road.

Got to shoot a few times Saturday eve. With a leveled rib and bead almost covering a 3" dot at 40 yards I am getting 10" low patterns. This from both barrels using two chokes and 2 different loads. Patterns are fine using xfull flush so far, 120s with Fed HW7s and 160s with Hevi Magblends. A plenty with either to kill a turkey but low. Planning to pattern a little more, try another couple chokes and loads. Shouldering the gun eyes closed I open them to see a little more rib so I don't think this would be an issue wing shooting.

I wore out a Stevens 311 SxS pulling both triggers same time. Lots of dead critters

D70AD208-DCF6-4DF8-AA01-3017FB8D3592.jpg
    Thanks but not exactly the advice I was looking for. This gun thumps well enough with one barrel and a 3” magnum turkey load. Lol
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 02-18-2020 at 04:49 PM.

Where did you get the canadian tuxedo shooting bags from?

Jorts dont make themselves!

Neat gun Spur. But I'm with you, I dont want to think about pulling both triggers at once!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I hand stitched those from old jean legs. Cousin Wendell told me he’d used such and were best and longest lasting in his experience. So far I think he’s right.

Got to shoot a few times Saturday eve. With a leveled rib and bead almost covering a 3" dot at 40 yards I am getting 10" low patterns. This from both barrels using two chokes and 2 different loads. Patterns are fine using xfull flush so far, 120s with Fed HW7s and 160s with Hevi Magblends. A plenty with either to kill a turkey but low. Planning to pattern a little more, try another couple chokes and loads. Shouldering the gun eyes closed I open them to see a little more rib so I don't think this would be an issue wing shooting.

I had the same 8-10" low pattern problem with a CZ Bobwhite when aiming the gun like a rifle for turkey hunting,
    the patterns were centered good when shouldering the gun for wingshooting.

For turkey hunting I put a mid bead on it and aim with the front bead set on top of the mid bead like a figure 8,
    that raised the center of pattern up to point of aim.

your lucky you had no problems with the patterns hitting left or right of where your aiming.

Thanks, my thoughts too. Did you install the mid bead yourself or a gunsmith to do the work?

I decided to try a temporary bead to see how I would like it and if it would work, it was right before turkey season.

I used a hot glue gun and glued a fiber optic insert onto the rib, it stayed on the gun thru the season and worked good to raise the pattern.
    I am taking the gun next week to get a bead put on and the triggers lightened.

Also took off the factory front bead and and put on a longer fiber optic front bead that shows up good in the morning.

Thanks for the idea. I may try that to get the mid bead placement figured out.