Thread: north edisto

Anyone hunting north edisto around westbank or willtown lately doing any good?

Wearin' em out...
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

You will learn soon, Mr. Angler that no one on here will tell you if there are ducks in the area, simpleman was blowin you off.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

tons of skybusters and rubberheads down there, they love to arrive 20 minutes before shooting time and set up next to you. if you see a boat with shat attack on the side, it's me, say hi and find your own spot
    every expert was once a beginner

10-4 mr troy!! Ive seen the shat attack before. Im in the 1756cc g3 behind the big gray ford. Any teal? I know last year they were high, but seem to drop down in the pm. Do you decoy there or rely on pass shooting. I usually set about 2 doz-mallards and woodies. Those new red head dekes are looking sweet on the water this year!!

You're 26 years old, and you've been hunting ducks for 4 years now. Does ALL OF Gen. X depend on cyberscouting?

little bit of pass shooting with some decoying mixed in, just depends if you are in the open water or the small creeks. that's a ton of decoys, only need a few, but again depends on where you are
    I have the 14 foot all camo alumacraft with the ugly blind with nothing on it, I have camo netting I use, unless i am with my friend in the 15 war eagle with the yamaha 40 on the back, mine being pulled by a big green chevy Z71, his by a big grey Z71. I will keep a look out for you in the 2nd half of the season. Good luck!
    did see lots of teal and some widgeon, and lots of woodies the first part of the season, but everyone with 3 1/2 guns shot at them 100 yds out and up, so they are educated already

I remember watching birds at Willtown years ago, trading back and forth across the river between the plantation / Bear Island area and that impoundment or rice field right by the landing. The birds, mostly teal and ringers, would take off, gain altitude quickly, cross the river, and spiral down. There were three separate boats on the river trying to shoot. This was mid-morning, on the FIRST day of the season.

I love the scenery of that area, but you are right, the rubberheads are thick as flies on poop and the birds are edumacated.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I'll quote one of the DNR officers who is on the beat in that area, "...by Friday there wasn't shit going on, one here or there, that's it."
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

Angler! Freakin Rubberhead....you are probably the one that rolled up in the same creak I was in at 700 the Saturday after Thanksgiving! You boys are right, there are more rubberheads down there, more than you can shake a stick at. All the Frat boys with their daddy's boat, their truck with stickers all over the back of it and a pair of Costa Del Mars that their momma bought them from Luden's! Pretty Boy!

friend and I were half way between willtown and west bank set up in a small pothole between some fields holding ducks. We heard a boat out on the water riding by, then we heard someone on the boat talking. The boat wheeled around and poked it's way into the pothole. It was a man and a woman in a bassboat, and they were taking pictures of the decoys. Never saw us until we stood up in the boat and waved to them. Hate to admit it, but I had my mojo out and I guess they saw it and thought it was a duck hovering in the air. Has several ducks swing through but didn't want to drop a bird on the impound and not be able to get to it, just wasteful.
    Your buddy must be Greg Brown, went to school with him back in the day

Originally posted by SCDkhntr:
    All the Frat boys with their daddy's boat, their truck with stickers all over the back of it and a pair of Costa Del Mars that their momma bought them from Luden's! Pretty Boy!
    I think you are talking about posers. I love how us "frat boys" are stereotyped, I guess I'm the only one out there who bought their own boat and dont live off of their parents.

fratitude.

Wasnt me rollin in on you saturday after turkey day!! The only day I got to hunt in the early season was wed. I had to pull 4 night shifts starting thursday . . .

Originally posted by mrtroy4man:
    Has several ducks swing through but didn't want to drop a bird on the impound and not be able to get to it, just wasteful.
    A lot of folks don't show that much restraint. Thanks.

That area is full of duck hunters - whether the birds are there or not. Some do it right - some do it wrong. I'm not going to point a finger at someone unless I am sure they are the culprit of messing up my hunt.

I choose not to hunt that area from Wiltown area north to West Bank (and Penny Creek) simply due to the abundance of folks. I prefer more solitude...
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen