Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Trash...

Obviously not. Would there have been a law broken if they put they in a trash can instead?

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    Obviously not. Would there have been a law broken if they put they in a trash can instead?
    Yes, its called being a low-life trashy POS.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

As far as the law, what is the statute that covers "wanton waste"? I forget how it is worded. It seems that I remember it only covering the retrieval or failure to attempt to retrieve game. I am not sure that there is a statute covering what can or cannot be done with the game once recovered. A littering charge, might apply. That is certainly not enough of a deterrent to counter the excessive douchebaggery seen in that picture...

They could've at least given it to the local asians fishing at the docks with all the undersized trouts.

Imagine living in South Carolina and not knowing someone that you could call to take some ducks. What a sad existence.

I am picturing some transparent glasses wearing nerd, his shiny hunting coat still wafting that new coat smell, as he desperately seeks a place to get rid of the stinking ducks that his boss made him take home. Knowing that if he returns his wife's SUV with a feather or speck of blood in it, he won't be allowed to go to the Thursday night craft beer gathering with the others from the office...

I would shame the shit out of someone.. relentless. That's where I get to my why do you hunt questions.

Everyone wants to shoot them, but no one wants to clean and eat them. Especially with geese but even with wood ducks, there's a lot of "you can take 'em if you want mine, bo" that goes on. One of the many reasons I like going solo more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    Everyone wants to shoot them, but no one wants to clean and eat them. Especially with geese but even with wood ducks, there's a lot of "you can take 'em if you want mine, bo" that goes on. One of the many reasons I like going solo more and more.
    I love hunting with people who want to give me their birds. One limit of ducks or doves does not go far in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    David,
    How far from the Fairlawn gate?
    Close but highly unlikely, Richies crew will eat about anything and have lots of locals to give to take what they don't , doesn't really fit.

Jab is likely very warm.
    Genesis 9;2

I would personally pay $1,000 reward to find out who these shits are. And then.....

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    Close but highly unlikely, Richies crew will eat about anything and have lots of locals to give to take what they don't , doesn't really fit.

Jab is likely very warm.
    I was just wondering how close it was. I was gonna ask around.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Imagine living in South Carolina and not knowing someone that you could call to take some ducks. What a sad existence.

I am picturing some transparent glasses wearing nerd, his shiny hunting coat still wafting that new coat smell, as he desperately seeks a place to get rid of the stinking ducks that his boss made him take home. Knowing that if he returns his wife's SUV with a feather or speck of blood in it, he won't be allowed to go to the Thursday night craft beer gathering with the others from the office...
    You just perfectly described a guy that showed up at a quail shoot a few years ago, all the way down to the jacket and SUV with a soccer mom sticker on it. It was a sponsored shoot and we were invited as guests and he ended up shooting in my group. after the shoot he was leaving the parking lot when he stopped by my truck and gave me his bag of cleaned birds. Says he didn't know how to cook them.
    Useful idiots abound...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    As far as the law, what is the statute that covers "wanton waste"? I forget how it is worded. It seems that I remember it only covering the retrieval or failure to attempt to retrieve game. I am not sure that there is a statute covering what can or cannot be done with the game once recovered. A littering charge, might apply. That is certainly not enough of a deterrent to counter the excessive douchebaggery seen in that picture...
    § 20.25 Wanton waste of migratory*game birds.

No person shall kill or cripple any migratory game bird pursuant to this part without making a reasonable effort to retrieve the bird, and retain it in his actual custody, at the place where taken or between that place and either (a) his automobile or principal means of*land*transportation; or (b) his personal abode or temporary or transient place of lodging; or (c) a migratory bird preservation facility; or (d) a post office; or (e) a common carrier facility.

_______

They may have violated some county littering laws or possibly a SC law on not using the valuable parts of wildlife.(don't think SC has a law for this like some other states do)......bit they didn't violated the Title 50 regulations.

They could have fed them to their dogs or tossed them once they reached their vehicle.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I thought that was probably the case. Yet it is illegal to knock someone like that over the head and throw them under a bridge...

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    You just perfectly described a guy that showed up at a quail shoot a few years ago, all the way down to the jacket and SUV with a soccer mom sticker on it. It was a sponsored shoot and we were invited as guests and he ended up shooting in my group. after the shoot he was leaving the parking lot when he stopped by my truck and gave me his bag of cleaned birds. Says he didn't know how to cook them.
    Useful idiots abound...
    Did you take the birds or spend a few minutes explaining how to cook them?

Maybe I am wrong in this thought, but we all started somewhere with hunting. Most of us were raised doing it, but not all of us. I have 3 close friends that never hunted growing up. They expressed interest in learning so I spent time with them and taught them how to shoot, how to hunt, and clean animals. 1 now wants me to spend time with his 7 yr old son to teach him.

Getting someone out that has invested in that shiny new jacket is a start. Someone just needs to invest some time in them.