Thread: Cable tv/ISP questions

Default Cable tv/ISP questions

I am about to move to my new house. I currently have WOW! and I am not impressed. At&t isn't available at the new place. Spectrum is. I know we have a member who works for them here, but I am not sure what he does there. Do any of yall have spectrum and what are your thoughts on the service?
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Shit service but it’s all I can get where I live. They hound your with advertisement left and right. And if you go to quit won’t take no for an answer. I use them only for internet. TV was high and seemed like they’d try to raise the price every time you opened a bill

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    Shit service but it’s all I can get where I live. They hound your with advertisement left and right. And if you go to quit won’t take no for an answer. I use them only for internet. TV was high and seemed like they’d try to raise the price every time you opened a bill
    Yep.

We quit tv with them a while back and if I could get internet elsewhere, I would. Don't even get me started with their tech support.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I work there as well as willyworm.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Yep.

We quit tv with them a while back and if I could get internet elsewhere, I would. Don't even get me started with their tech support.

Yes and yes. If we had any other options Spectrum wouldn’t get another dime from me.

I have Spectrum and have always been ok with the service but the price is pretty high. Once the 2-year promo was over we canceled cable and just have internet now. Once had an issue with internet speed and they came out and ran a new cable from the road to the modem and it helped.

Fiber optic and youtube TV
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

YoutubeTV, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Fiber optic and youtube TV
    Can't speak to YouTube. But fiber isn't an option in all markets. And when it is it's provided by the local phone company. We go fiber to a device called a node that converts the light over fiber optic to digital signal, then switches to coax wireline for that 'last mile" to the customer. Usually customers are no more than a hang mile from the mode they're fed from. So it's virtually all fiber, Chad is just that last very small portion. The speed capabilities of coax renders fiber completely unnecessary in most cases, unless it's dedicated where you're not sharing a pool of bandwidth with your neighbors, which is the case with vast majority of providers. I don't know any provider, even those with fiber to your house, that give any customer their own dedicated bandwidth. We do it for large businesses but it's incredibly expensive. Premium service, premium price tag.

The only reason legacy phone companies are running fiber is to keep up with us. We left their DSL in the dust when we started introductory speeds of 100M.

For what's it's worth I sell small business service. So if you or your wife run a small business let's talk. Residential is a little bit of a different monster. Keep this in mind... Happy customers don't typically shout their content from the rooftops. But the ones who have had problems will walk a mile to tell someone.

Watch what you wish for. You could be stuck with AT&T with no other options. You're picking the lesser of the evils anyway. All ISPs suck... Just ask around.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 01-30-2020 at 09:25 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

TV and internet is expensive
    More fuel = more boost!!

Yup. Gotta have that money. Unless you're a co-op, then the question is where to dump all that money at the end of the year.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Where you moving to?

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Where you moving to?
    I bought a house on two acres off butternut near Pinewood. You've seen where I live now. When I bought here 5 years ago it wasn't too bad but now Richardson is stopped in front of my house every evening. If it wasn't for my son my ass would be in St. george or bowman. Fuck summerville.

Willyworm,
    I agree with you about people only complaining if they aren't happy. Truck forums are a great example of that. If you read about what you own, you will think your truck will burst into flames in your driveway and take down the whole town. After some research it looks like Spectrum is the only option out there so I will give it a whirl.

10-4. I think I knew about the place off butternut but thought you were flipping it. And I’m in the same boat...if it weren’t for my kids I’d be elsewhere also. I’ve been trying to get my wife to consider homeschooling but she not thrilled with the idea.

I was going to flip it but the more I thought about it and looked around, it makes sense to keep it. I am 42 and single with no girlfriend and a six year old son. I don't need a big house. The house is five minutes from the school and they don't have buses. I would love to live in the country, but between land I lease and friends with leases, we have access to almost 6k acres to go ride on that are within an hour or so from here. It dissent really make sense to move at this point.

That being said, at the rate the county is letting townhouses and apartments to be built here, I may change my mind. As a landowner, I see the merits. As a citizen, it is beyond moronic. The area simply can't handle the people. The roads and schools just aren't there.

Stuck with AT&T. They suck!

I’d gladly go back to paying spectrum if they were available here. They wouldn’t give the builder free service at the model to get into a 200+ home neighborhood that’s being built.

That builder is a dick

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]