Thread: Browning Boss Manual

Default Browning Boss Manual

Does anyone have an extra one lying around they would separate with? Bought a new to me .260 with one and its my first Browning rifle so id like to know a little more about it as far as tuning it.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 01-30-2020 at 09:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

"If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Thank you CCSB. Next question.. they dont have .260 suggestions in the "sweet spot" list. Has anyone on this site had one in .260, and if you did would you mind telling me where the "sweet spot" is on yours or give me some advice on where to start. Thank you in advance.
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Call browning and they can probably tell you.

Also order the Boss CR ( conventional recoil) tuning weight from them, tune at range with normal boss and then switch to CR boss and double check group, Boss CR does not have the side holes that reduce recoil and make it SO LOUD, aka hearing loss. Hunt with the CR boss on. Browning used to sell them fairly cheap.
    Last edited by mello_collins; 01-30-2020 at 11:50 AM.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Thanks Mello, was hoping you'd chime in, if not I was gonna pm you. Saw your name on some other forums I visited looking for answers to some other things and assumed you knew more about it than I did. I will have to check into it. I found a link on one forum to Brownings site that was expired for the CR.

cq5dam.web.500.500.jpeg

BOSS VS BOSS CR

Browning parts department 800-322-4626

They can tell you which one is the right weight and finish to match your rifle and probably get you the book.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

A-bolt 7mag with a Boss was my first rifle. The muzzle blast would blind me for 5 minutes and I couldn’t hear for two days, but the deer were always exactly where I shot them once I regained my vision.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Thanks Mello, was hoping you'd chime in, if not I was gonna pm you. Saw your name on some other forums I visited looking for answers to some other things and assumed you knew more about it than I did. I will have to check into it. I found a link on one forum to Brownings site that was expired for the CR.
    May want to check with them but Browning sent me a CR sleeve for free several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    A-bolt 7mag with a Boss was my first rifle. The muzzle blast would blind me for 5 minutes and I couldn’t hear for two days, but the deer were always exactly where I shot them once I regained my vision.
    Had a BAR 7 mag with the boss. Did the same thing. It will also remove that pesky paint from a truck hood with the quickness.

First off, get the non ported end. Your ears will thank you. One day when you get board, get a couple sheets of poster board and go dial it in. You can get as crazy as you want to with it. IMG_20181028_152748574_HDR.jpg
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

That looks like fun. Ill have to do that one day. She will probably sit in the safe til sometime around September.