Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You were warned

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh horse shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

I wonder why Greg Hembree thinks this is a good idea...
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    I wonder why Greg Hembree thinks this is a good idea...
    Going out on a limb here but i'd say its because he's a stupid motherfucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Yep

He’s most likely an anti-hunting Leftist pissant. And the problem is that there is an increasing number of them, and they are also infiltrating the wildlife commissions, etc, in States around the country.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

He was a good solicitor for Horry/Georgetown for a long time. I don't support this legislation, though, and have no inside info on his motivations. I'll ask around.

If I had to guess, I'd say he's facing pressure from yankee transplants in his district, who rightly or wrongly, do indeed see a lot of lost hounds on their property and bi-ways. I doubt most of them have training collars, however. I'm scratching my head over this bill, wondering WTF.

oh boy...

What about the handler that sends his K-9 into a bad situation? Who is this stupid asshole?

Just read an article in Covey Rise titled, “The Politics of Gun Dogs”, that proposed this very scenario.

I heard that Rimini crowd is on board with it. Forcing your down to retrieve tamies could be considered animal cruelty.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Headed to the House Ag subcommittee. This needs to be killed
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Is this really the most important thing these bastards could be doing? We have a $1.8bil surplus and our roads still suck and our schools will forever suck. The legislative session should be 3 weeks and that's it. These bastards have way too much time.
    cut\'em

Easy way to push hunters out of an area for sure. "I saw an electric collar on that dog"......... Sounds like a real easy way to start to push hunters from an area for sure.....
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Red Text would be deleted

SECTION 47-1-40. Ill-treatment of animals generally; penalties.

(A) A person who knowingly or intentionally overloads, overdrives, overworks, or ill-treats an animal, deprives an animal of necessary sustenance or shelter, inflicts unnecessary pain or suffering upon an animal, or by omission or commission knowingly or intentionally causes these acts to be done, is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be punished by imprisonment not exceeding ninety days or by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars nor more than one thousand dollars, or both, for a first offense; or by imprisonment not exceeding two years or by a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars, or both, for a second or subsequent offense.

(B) A person who tortures, torments, needlessly mutilates, cruelly kills, or inflicts excessive or repeated unnecessary pain or suffering upon an animal or by omission or commission causes these acts to be done, is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, must be punished by imprisonment of not less than one hundred eighty days and not to exceed five years and by a fine of five thousand dollars.

(C) This section does not apply to fowl, accepted animal husbandry practices of farm operations and the training of animals, the practice of veterinary medicine, agricultural practices, forestry and silvacultural practices, wildlife management practices, or activity authorized by Title 50, including an activity authorized by the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources or an exercise designed for training dogs for hunting, if repeated contact with a dog or dogs and another animal does not occur during this training exercise.

SECTION 47-1-70. Abandonment of animals; penalties; hunting dog exception.

(A) A person may not abandon an animal. As used in this section "abandonment" is defined as deserting, forsaking, or intending to give up absolutely an animal without securing another owner or without providing the necessities of life. "Necessities of life" includes:

(1) adequate water which means a constant access to a supply of clean, fresh, and potable water provided in a suitable manner for the species;

(2) adequate food which means provision at suitable intervals of quantities of wholesome foodstuff suitable for the species and age, sufficient to maintain a reasonable level of nutrition to allow for proper growth and weight;

(3) adequate shelter which means shelter that reasonably may be expected to protect the animal from physical suffering or impairment of health due to exposure to the elements or adverse weather.

(B) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not less than two hundred nor more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned not more than thirty days, or both. Offenses under this section must be tried in the magistrate's or municipal court.

(C) A hunting dog that is positively identifiable in accordance with Section 47-3-510 or Section 47-3-530 is exempt from this section.
    Last edited by Beauregard; 01-29-2020 at 09:43 AM.

Not only do we need to fight this, but somehow also need to look for possible deeper agendas.

Here’s a conspiracy option to consider...

Maybe someone has an eye on a large piece of land that’s currently owned by a dog hunting club. If that person, or persons, could make it illegal to have electronic collars, of any sort, on the hunt dogs, he/they may be able to buy that land at a reasonable price.

Just winging it, but I’ve learned that man is often a conniving, corrupt being, and I no longer accept the superficial reason offered for anything. There’s almost always a deeper agenda. If we can identify what else might be behind this proposal it may be easier to bury it.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Not only do we need to fight this, but somehow also need to look for possible deeper agendas.

Maybe someone has an eye on a large piece of land that’s currently owned by a dog hunting club. If that person, or persons, could make it illegal to have electronic collars, of any sort, on the hunt dogs, he/they may be able to buy that land at a reasonable price.

Just winging it, but I’ve learned that man is often a conniving, corrupt being, and I no longer accept the superficial reason offered for anything. There’s almost always a deeper agenda. If we can identify what else might be behind this proposal it may be easier to bury it.
    Correct. Or he could be pissed that his dog is a piece of shit dumbass & his neighbor has a well behaved beast. This state has WAY bigger issues that need dealing with than this shit. I've said it many times but we, the people, need our collective asses beat! And term limits would alleviate some of this dumbassery.
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 01-29-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post

First thing I thought.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

https://www.scstatehouse.gov/member.php?code=819318084

Hembree's page, also has a link to send him a message.

https://www.scstatehouse.gov/maps/senate/Sen28.pdf

Map of the district that he directly represents. So if you live in the district and oppose this bill I would highly advise sending Hembree a message or giving him a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.