Thread: Need boat surveyor Lake Hartwell

Default Need boat surveyor Lake Hartwell

Looking for a professional to take a look at a boat on the SC/GA border of lake hartwell I might be buying. Any assistance is appreciated

What kinda boat you buying that needs a surveyor? Must be mighty nice!!

21ft CC. Nothing crazy, and I know a little about boats. But like to know exactly what I’m getting into with a used boat. If nothing more than for negotiation.

Get Tee to go look at it
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Do u have a phone # for him?

(864) 236-9005 he works at Marine Max in greenville just ask for tee, see what he would charge you to go look at it
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Awesome. Thank you very much buddy

What year? That determines a lot.... as far as what a true survey will be able to tell you that you can’t see/figure out
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

You need a mechanical survey as well as a hull survey. Most guys that do hull surveys do not do engines, get a good mechanic that is certified on that engine make. Make sure they check compression, fuel elements/flow and especially exhaust.

Price is determined by the market demand.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Listen to Saltydog and thank him later
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

It’s an 04. Agree with everything you’re saying salty.

If it’s an ‘07 or earlier 225 or 250 Yamaha 3.3l have the exhaust scoped all the way through for corrosion. The 225’s were bad about that and it doesn’t matter if it was fresh or salt water. 250’s can have it but it’s much more rare. Solid engines if that checks out though. Also try to find out if they ran E-gas in it. Never had an ounce of trouble running straight gas but loads of it with ethanol.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

It’s got a yamaha 200. I read about those corrosion issues as well and will make sure to get it looked at. Thanks for the tips

Do you know if the same exhaust corrosion issues plagued the 200HP like the 225 and 250’s?

Quote Originally Posted by saltedbutter View Post
    Do you know if the same exhaust corrosion issues plagued the 200HP like the 225 and 250’s?
    Never heard of it on 200’s but that doesn’t mean it didn’t occur since they are all the same block basically. Single or twin application? That 3.3L in a single is kind of a dog in a 200hp, it’s heavy.

Same issues on the 3.3L 4stroke 200, don't hear about it as much because there just aren't a lot of v6 200's out there compared to 225's and 250's.

Single with low hrs (750) and on the surface the owner seems to have spared no expense on the boat/motor. Mainly buying for the hull. But the 200 on the setup will do fine for my purposes fishing nearshore all things considered. In a perfect world I’d be buying a brand new 24-26’.

Quote Originally Posted by saltedbutter View Post
    Single with low hrs (750) and on the surface the owner seems to have spared no expense on the boat/motor. Mainly buying for the hull. But the 200 on the setup will do fine for my purposes fishing nearshore all things considered. In a perfect world I’d be buying a brand new 24-26’.
    I have a buddy that had a Hydra-Sport with a 200, we went all over to about 30 miles in it. Once you got up and on plane it did fine. No speed demon but that hull would beat you to death at 18-20 degrees dead rise anyway. I had twins on my old Mako 262 and they were fine on that heavy hull. If you can cruise at 25-30 then you’re golden, very rarely do I run wide open or above 40 in the Southport, my crew bitches when I do. Sea trial it too.