Thread: Dog Stands

Default Dog Stands

Having a discussion with another member from here about dog stands. My dog (75lbs) launches with such velocity that he turns over every stand that I have tried (obviously not the ones attached to trees.) I own the Banded, I have tried the Avery and the Omarsh. The Omarsh has "feet" and I can kind of put my foot on that sometimes keeps it from tipping when he launches but not always when he goes but he still cannot recover by himself in deep water without tipping it over. The question remains, is there a freestanding dog stand commercially available that has a wider stance or different method of securing the stand into the ground? I cannot be the only one having this problem. Thanks, MG

I have added two videos the first is him as an adult the second video was him doing stand training as a three-month old for reference. He was turning it over then on dry land. MG

Last edited by Maggie Glover; 01-28-2020 at 02:39 PM.
    Dum Spiro Spero

I have the banded stand and I HATE it. I cant get it to ever sit right. I was looking at the Momarsh stand that can attach to timber or the boat. I think that would work in 98% of my scenarios. Granted he might not be right beside me but he would be in the general vicinity. Let me know if you come up with any other solid options

Sportstand if you can still find one. Adjustable height and had the option to attach a decoy bag for walk in hunts.

Just tried to look them up and it appears the company went up for sale in 2016 according to their Facebook page.

I got the MoMarsh free standing one and it doe the job, but my big boy doesn't turn it over, so he obviously does not launch with the ferocity yours does. All in all, of the freestanding ones, MoMarsh having those feet seems to be about the lesser of all the evils. It doesn't sink quite as bad as the others.
    Last edited by willyworm; 01-29-2020 at 01:11 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate lab84 View Post
    Sportstand if you can still find one. Adjustable height and had the option to attach a decoy bag for walk in hunts.

Just tried to look them up and it appears the company went up for sale in 2016 according to their Facebook page.
    This. I've got one and have been real pleased with it. Maybe able to find one on ebay.

Momarsh has the spikes to put through the feet. The closer the bottom of the platform is to the water, I have found it to be more stable. It might also encourage your dog to jump with less force, given it is the same height.
    HRCH DOC'S LIL LEGACY MH

Get a boykin

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Get a boykin
    ...and to think up until now, you were my hero. I know what Luke Skywalker feels like now. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Banded SUCKS! My Banded stand is an unstable piece of cheap Chinese pot metal. The cross member tore. The metal tore not the welds. My Lab was 70 lbs. and not rough on it. Same happened to my Banded marsh seat. The base tore while being used by one of my son’s buddies and he’s not a big guy. I bought the Momarsh Invisilab and it’s worth every penny.
    I can fold the legs under and use it as a low profile hide or set it up in water. I haven’t seen the stakes for them but I haven’t needed them yet. My BOYKIN and my Lab like them because they can get out of the wind. I’ll look into the stakes myself.
    And as a side note, Banded bought Avery and customer service is NONEXISTENT. I need a part for my Avery Dog Ramp and could not get an answer at Customer Service even after leaving repeated messages. I finally called the Avery Outlet Store and the guy told me that he couldn’t help me with parts but would transfer me to Customer Service. I explained that I had already called multiple times and left maybe six messages. He told me that there are only two people back there (they are in the same warehouse complex) doing all of the Customer Service. This made since after the guys at Final Flight in Union City TN told me that it was impossible to contact Avery as a dealer anymore when I went there looking for the parts.
    Sorry to rant on your post MG but........
    \"If they don\'t hatch, they don\'t fly south\"

Sportstand is great but they are no longer in business. See if you can find one on eBay.

The Momarsh final stand works best of any i have tried. On land or in the water i have been pleased with it and as listed above it has stakes to help hold the feet in place on dry ground
    Last edited by lynchesriverduckman; 01-29-2020 at 01:17 PM.

I have tried them all and MoMarsh is the best.

The stakes are in a little pouch on the inside of the cover.
    HRCH DOC'S LIL LEGACY MH

Momarsh. My Chessie launches hard, he turned it over like yours but then I figured out to turn it lengthwise. Or to better describe so that the cross bar side points to the direction of the jump.
    Genesis 9;2