Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kobe Byrant killed in a helicopter crash.

I hate all these people are dead, but how many unnamed folks have died from the Corona virus or gun shots from Chicago?

I'm not being mean or disrespectful, but why are so many putting so much value on this one individual and his families life?

It is a tragedy.

But, how many families are living hand to mouth in Chi town every day and are wiped out by gang violence every day and or as I type?

How many are dead due to a communist regime hiding numbers and running from the truth?

Ok, a guy who can jump and throw a ball through hoop died in a helicopter crash.......

Really? It has been center stage on Drudge Report for the past 10 hours. Mean While We have a duly elected president being forced from office for something his opponents did, a virus that could possibly rival the 1918 pandemic, and a supreme court justice that could fall over dead any hour and we are worried about a glorified high school sports player, whom died.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

It is sad, but like a friend of mine posted on FB earlier, I wish the general public gave this much of a damn when a helicopter full of servicemen crashed......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    It is sad, but like a friend of mine posted on FB earlier, I wish the general public gave this much of a damn when a helicopter full of servicemen crashed......

Amen and good for your friend for pointing that out.

How about the American man or woman who got killed in a simple car crash on the way home tonight? Are we celebrating their life?

Again, any loss of American life is a tragedy, but we should be focused far more on those that protect our freedoms or at least give us the ability to march in democrat controlled Virginia.

We should be making go fund me pages for the fallen heroes who we asked to go fight senseless wars.

I absolutely hate Mr Bryant and his family were killed today, but this happens every day across America. The only difference in this case is the guy not his family is someone who happened to be good at running up and down a court, shooting a basket ball, and dunking it.

Thank about this.

Thousands are mourning over a guy who did nothing in the large scheme of society. He didn't care for people, like a Dr, Nurse, CNA, housekeeper for a hospital or a nursing home.

If your house was on fire are you calling Kobe or the fire department?

You know the answer. The nameless men and women who would give their life while your fat ass watched Kobe play and the stove was on fire, is whom we should be celebrating.

How about the Cop whose gets shot because he is trying to keep some wanna be basketball player whom fails at that non sense from raping your daughter, because he had a bad day at the gym and or figured out his failed career will not pay the bills.

These are the folks we should be concerned over when they die!

Again, any American human loss is a tragedy, but the people Alabama sang about are who we need to celebrate!

Last edited by Silentweapon338; 01-27-2020 at 12:52 AM.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    I hate all these people are dead, but how many unnamed folks have died from the Corona virus or gun shots from Chicago?

I'm not being mean or disrespectful, but why are so many putting so much value on this one individual and his families life?

It is a tragedy.

But, how many families are living hand to mouth in Chi town every day and are wiped out by gang violence every day and or as I type?

How many are dead due to a communist regime hiding numbers and running from the truth?

Ok, a guy who can jump and throw a ball through hoop died in a helicopter crash.......

Really? It has been center stage on Drudge Report for the past 10 hours. Mean While We have a duly elected president being forced from office for something his opponents did, a virus that could possibly rival the 1918 pandemic, and a supreme court justice that could fall over dead any hour and we are worried about a glorified high school sports player, whom died.
    I agree completely.
    I liked Kobe and this is a tragedy and I am sure his family and friends are heartbroken and grieving.
    I get it, he was a huge celebrity but that's about it. Somewhere there will probably be a parade or some shit for him.
    The 24 year old getting his brains blown out by an ISIS IED or a LEO killed in the line of duty wont make the national news.
    Pathetic is what it is

I did not watch Kobe much, but I took the death of Earnhardt way too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    I did not watch Kobe much, but I took the death of Earnhardt way too hard.

Somewhat of a NBA fan but I agree, same type of deal with DE Sr.

Just we never think of our sports hero’s as dying young. When it happens makes you realize we are all human

Still recall the day I heard Thurmon Munson died

I think we have all seen the Hollywood celebrities an Rock stars die but that never surprises us due to their lifestyle

Sports Icons are different

Damn sad day either way, also tough for baseball coach and his wife/Daughter.

Part that really hits is a Man and his daughter, my guess is there was a lot of fear and terror just before it happened and I can only imagine the fear in his daughters voice and knowing he could not do anything Scary thought to think last thing you hear is your teen daughter screaming in honest fear of her life and nothing you can do
    Last edited by tprice; 01-27-2020 at 06:49 AM.

America would be a better place if they did.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Real heroes.
    Last edited by wskinner; 01-27-2020 at 07:23 AM.

Extortion 17, great read. I have it if you want to put it on your read list.
    More fuel = more boost!!

All of it is sad. Agree 100% this world would be a better place if folks cared more about our men and women in the service dying vs celebrities. I also think it's ok to be sad about a 13 year old girl dying and a a couple fathers dying that left wives and small children behind. To me that was the tragedy, not that Kobe was an NBA basketball player or celebrity.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    All of it is sad. Agree 100% this world would be a better place if folks cared more about our men and women in the service dying vs celebrities. I also think it's ok to be sad about a 13 year old girl dying and a a couple fathers dying that left wives and small children behind. To me that was the tragedy, not that Kobe was an NBA basketball player or celebrity.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    Well said

grief is a personal thing. it helps some people to have others to help during times of grief. a celebrity dying brings people together to mourn.

it doesnt mean they are all forgetting about the blessings we have. it might even REMIND them....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Default Kobe Byrant killed in a helicopter crash.

We can multitask for sure. I think most middle Americans do care as much. Unfortunately one is more common than another so it makes the news. Most of us know God is respecter of persons. As we see here.

We do have too much worship of men in society. I would not walk across to see the Pope or stand in line to shake Dabo’s hand. I have have been into autographs. The Dead Sea Scrolls or the Bill Rights would be cool but I don’t get a mortal person name on a jersey or baseball card.

I would like to bowhunt with Bill Winke and stand in line to open slab Alex Jones.

Last edited by Bigtimber2; 01-27-2020 at 09:29 AM.