Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cormorant commets to feds needed

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As a nature enthusiast, I deplore the unnecessary killing of any wild fowl. Why can't the private commercial aquaculture ventures just cover their pens and be done with it. That would prevent the supposed depredation by the cormorants; that would be a similar solution to how sheep herders in Mongolia protect their flocks while paddock penned from Snow Leopards!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    COMMERCIAL FISHERMEN AND RECREATIONAL FISHEMENT ARE AT WAR WITH BIRDS THAT WANT TO EAT FISH. TEHY WANT THEM ALL DEAD. THATIS WHAT IS BEHIND THIS USFWS PROPOSAL TO KILL CORMORANTS. NOITICE THE FAKE AND MISLEADING WORDING THEY USE - "MANAGEMENT" OF CORMORANTS WHEN IN FACT IS IS A KILLING PROPOSAL TO KILL THE BIRDS BECAUES THEY EAT SOME FISH TO STAY ALIVE.

THIS IS JUST DEMOGOGUREY, MALICIOUS, INSANE KILLING OF BIRDS BY A FEDERAL AGENCY USING YOUR GENERAL TAX DOLLARS TO DO THE MOST MALICIOUS, EVIL KILLING SYSTEM INT HE WORLD TO DO THE DIRTY
    WORK OF THE FISHERMEN.

THESE SAME FISHERMEN ARE THE KILLERS OF SEALS, WHALES, DOLPHINS, ANYTHING THAT EATS FISH. THEY ARE A DESTRUCTIVE FORCE IN THIS WORLD. NOBODY IN AMERICA SHOUDL BE WORKING WITH THESE INSANE
    PEOPLE WHO WANT ALL WILDLIFE DEAD BECAUSE IT TAKES A FEW PENNIES FROM THEIR WALLETS.

THIS IS A MONEYGRUBBING DESTRUCTIVE PROPOSAL TO KILL WILDLIFE, USFWS HAS DONE SO MUCH OF THAT. IT WAS NOT CREATED TO DO THAT BUT IT HAS EVOLVED INTO BEING A WILDIFE KILLING MECHANISM. TURN IT DOWN. SHUT DOWN USFWS WHENIT PROPOSES SUCH UGLY UGLY KILLING PROPOSALS OF ANY WILDLIFE.

WILDLIFE IS FAST VANISHING FROM THIS EARTH BECAUSE OF NASTY DISGUSTING PROPOSALS LIKE THIS. THIS PROPOSAL SUCKS. IT SHOWS THE WORST OF AMERICA. SHUT IT DOWN TIGHT AND SAY NO MORE KILILNG OF WILDLIE OR CORMORANTS.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I strongly urge you to reject any recommendations for curbing the cormorant population.

Cormorants are not overpopulated, and they are only eating their fair share of fish.
    Humans are way overpopulated and eat way beyond their fair share of fish.
    It is grossly unjust and extremely inhumane to blame, and then punish, cormorants.
    This is a very human issue and humans must find a way to deal with their own selfish actions.

Again, the cormorants are innocent. Humans are guilty of overfishing and being incredibly greedy.
    This is exactly why I wrote what I did.

Not one fact is mentioned in this. They are as usual arguing from their heart and know nothing.

They have no clue as to the damage these evil birds render onto our wonderful habitat.

Oh how I wish they had a house in Potatoe creek and had to look at that shit storm that blows in annually and kills everything in its path.

I can't find any of my picks but if any of you have any feel free to post them.

For those of you who have never seen it, it is wild.

My Vietnam analogy may not go far enough. At least when agent orange was used it just dropped the foliage. When the toxic nasty mess these foul creatures drop onto the trees is left it looks like a marshmallow running off a camp fire stick x1000. There is white gross stringy nasty shit every where. And no foliage.

Its gross.

I assure you if any of these so called bird lovers had to live across from this for one season they would be out there with a shot gun themself!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Oh it’s also impossible for cormorants to feed in hydrilla soooooo call me crazy but the two are related. Guess what lakes in the SE don’t have a cormorant problem. Try not to hurt yourselves.
    Thank you.

This cormorant problem is another man created problem. Those that hate submerged aquatic vegetation just don't understand.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

The hydrilla was far from submerged.

You could literally walk from eagle point to the back of potato creek at one point.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

Tell us how ya really feel Chuck

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post

You could literally walk from eagle point to the back of potato creek at one point.

It’d be kinda hard for a large bird to catch fish in that I’d imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowman View Post
    It’d be kinda hard for a large bird to catch fish in that I’d imagine.
    The trade off isn't worth it.

What we need is a season plain and simple. The things are a nuisance, they serve no logical function in the eco system. Just open it up, no permit. From January 15-April 15th
    Kill them all!

They show up in my back yard, they don't like Rhodesian Ridgebcks. I have grass in my ponds it doesn't stop them from coming.

The dogs do deter them!
    So we just need a season!
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

They didn’t have a place in the S.C. eco system that God created until men fucked it up. Good luck arguing that
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I think that would be hard to argue any where.

Its how you get invasive species.

They aren't invasive in their native environment.

Bring them to a new land or water and they explode.

Hence the name.

Invasive species!
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Lack of reporting and the states failure to enforce reporting
    Scdnr fucking something up ,,, shocker
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Oh it’s also impossible for cormorants to feed in hydrilla soooooo call me crazy but the two are related. Guess what lakes in the SE don’t have a cormorant problem. Try not to hurt yourselves.
    Well said.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

You’re a blabbing baffoon who’s idiocy knows no bounds.

At no point could you, or even a dachshund, walk on any submersed vegetation.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Thank you.

This cormorant problem is another man created problem. Those that hate submerged aquatic vegetation just don't understand.
    I don’t really care one way or the other I guess.... but all these lakes people get up in arms over weren’t natural to begin with either. Then we feel the need to manage wildlife and natural resources like they cant manage themselves. They seemed to manage themselves for a long time before we started meddling with all of it. It is all cause and effect. For every action there is an equal or greater reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Island guy, the first time I saw the sky black out with birds was in potato creek. A cloud of fish eating birds that blacked out the sky. If that doesn't concern you so be it. What will happen in 5-10 years? If it doesn't concern you put a fresh litter of wild hogs on your favorite hunting property and lock the gate for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    You’re a blabbing baffoon who’s idiocy knows no bounds.

At no point could you, or even a dachshund, walk on any submersed vegetation.
    Dude you have no fucking clue.

We would regularly role over and over. Literally no life jacket it was as if you were in the Dead Sea.
    From my pier to your buddy my neighbors pier.

If you walked toward what was Michaelos or how ever you spell
    It you could walk just infront of
    The piers all the way to the Col. old house which happens to now be DTs house.
    Granted it was like walking in a swamp but you could do it.

I know you were only 1 maybe 2
    But trust me history didn’t start when you were born.

It’s why I fight it so hard.

You prove you can keep that nasty stuff west of 95 I’ll go with it but it is incredibly invasive.

You can’t control it.

It’s a wild fire in that shallow warm water
    Lake.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

So let me summarize this for those of you who can’t keep up enough to see the big picture.
    Hydrilla is indeed an invasive species. So to fight it the state allowed very liberal stocking of another invasive species. Then they failed to monitor the stocking. While this was going on they indiscriminately sprayed. This has been terrible for waterfowl and fish alike but hey at least the Yankees can cool off in the water without the nasty grass touching them right? Then cormorants show up because bait fish can’t hide and it’s an easy lake to feed. Yes I know this took a period of time. Anyone who knows dick about waterfowl knows that imprinting is key. USFWS has proven this with banding programs. Now there’s so many of these damn birds shitting on yankee docks that something must be done!!! So we start shooting them but again the state fails to report/enforce reporting and that season goes away too.

Does anyone else see the pattern here? This isn’t a grass problem. It’s not a cormorant problem. This is yet another example of a failure within the SCDNR and the state. Shooting birds won’t fix a damn thing.
    I’m blessed to be able to hunt out of state a bunch and it’s a shame when every body of water in the middle of no where Kansas that’s 1/10th the size of Santee Cooper has a nicer boat ramp and better facilities thank anything we have on our lakes.
    Have fun shooting birds and throwing them in the trash. When that’s gone what’s going to be left? How long until people start realizing the root of the issue here?
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

So let me summarize this for those of you who can’t keep up enough to see the big picture.
    Hydrilla is indeed an invasive species. So to fight it the state allowed very liberal stocking of another invasive species. Then they failed to monitor the stocking. While this was going on they indiscriminately sprayed. This has been terrible for waterfowl and fish alike but hey at least the Yankees can cool off in the water without the nasty grass touching them right? Then cormorants show up because bait fish can’t hide and it’s an easy lake to feed. Yes I know this took a period of time. Anyone who knows dick about waterfowl knows that imprinting is key. USFWS has proven this with banding programs. Now there’s so many of these damn birds shitting on yankee docks that something must be done!!! So we start shooting them but again the state fails to report/enforce reporting and that season goes away too.

Does anyone else see the pattern here? This isn’t a grass problem. It’s not a cormorant problem. This is yet another example of a failure within the SCDNR and the state. Shooting birds won’t fix a damn thing.
    I’m blessed to be able to hunt out of state a bunch and it’s a shame when every body of water in the middle of no where Kansas that’s 1/10th the size of Santee Cooper has a nicer boat ramp and better facilities thank anything we have on our lakes.
    Have fun shooting birds and throwing them in the trash. When that’s gone what’s going to be left? How long until people start realizing the root of the issue here?
    Stumps are the issue now bo, keep up........

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Dude you have no fucking clue.

We would regularly role over and over. Literally no life jacket it was as if you were in the Dead Sea.
    From my pier to your buddy my neighbors pier.

If you walked toward what was Michaelos or how ever you spell
    It you could walk just infront of
    The piers all the way to the Col. old house which happens to now be DTs house.
    Granted it was like walking in a swamp but you could do it.

I know you were only 1 maybe 2
    But trust me history didn’t start when you were born.

It’s why I fight it so hard.

You prove you can keep that nasty stuff west of 95 I’ll go with it but it is incredibly invasive.

You can’t control it.

It’s a wild fire in that shallow warm water
    Lake.
    It was so thick it LOOKED like you could walk across it, but no, a poodle couldn't have walked across it. Maybe a very tiny small baby puppy poodle, but then it would have been blown up by a giant largemouth erupting out of the hydrilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Careful, C. We get dachshunds and cormorants working in cahoots, it will be curtains...