Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolves hit Colorado

Default Wolves hit Colorado

It was only a matter of time.. Let me go on record saying that at one point and time I thought the wolf reintroduction would be an ok thing. After having done some research and had conversations with people, I am willing to admit that I was completely wrong. This bad news for Colorado and anyone who hunts there.

https://cpw.state.co.us/aboutus/Page...A2vd39rLxS3Mno

MOFFAT COUNTY - Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) officials are confirming they have additional evidence that a group of wolves is now residing in northwest Colorado.

On Jan. 19, CPW wildlife officers investigated the discovery of an animal carcass surrounded by large wolf-like tracks in the northwest corner of Moffat County. While conducting their investigation in the field, they made an attempt to locate the wolves. In their search, they heard distinct howls in the area. Officers used binoculars to observe approximately six wolves about two miles from the location of the carcass.

“This is a historic sighting. While lone wolves have visited our state periodically including last fall, this is very likely the first pack to call our state home since the 1930s. I am honored to welcome our canine friends back to Colorado after their long absence,” said Governor Jared Polis. “It’s important that Coloradans understand that the gray wolf is under the protection of the Endangered Species Act. While the animals have naturally migrated to our state and their presence draws public interest, it’s important that people give them space. Due to their Protected status, there are severe federal penalties for anyone that intentionally harms or kills wolves in our state.”

"Right after our two officers heard the howls from the wolves, they used binoculars to observe approximately six wolves about two miles from the location of the carcass," said JT Romatzke, Northwest Region Manager for CPW. "After watching them for about 20 minutes, the officers rode in to get a closer look. The wolves were gone but they found plenty of large tracks in the area.”

According to the officers, the tracks measured approximately 4.5 to 5.5 inches and appear to have been made by at least six animals.

"As we have made clear, Colorado Parks and Wildlife will not take direct action in these cases," said Dan Prenzlow, Director of Colorado Parks and Wildlife. "We have the leading experts on wildlife management and species recovery working for our agency, but while wolves remain federally protected, they are under the jurisdiction of the US Fish and Wildlife Service. We will continue to work with our federal partners and monitor the situation."

According to the US Fish and Wildlife Service, killing a wolf can result in federal charges, including a $100,000 fine and a year in prison, per offense. The public is urged to contact CPW immediately and fill out a report if they see or hear wolves or find evidence of any wolf activity in Colorado. The Wolf Sighting Form can be found on the CPW website.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

What did you think? Our forefathers just wiped them off the face of the country because they were bored and didn't have enough to do?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    What did you think? Our forefathers just wiped them off the face of the country because they were bored and didn't have enough to do?
    That's not very good logic. We practically wiped out buffalo as well.

I'm still not 100% sure that reintroduction was the problem, but that animal rights groups have taken away the states' ability to manage the packs like it should be done. Same problem with grizzlies. We have the ability to control these populations, we just can't do it because the granola crowd has great attorneys beating down the judge's door anytime an attempt is made.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    That's not very good logic. We practically wiped out buffalo as well.
    Also on purpose. I, for one, am glad that I don't have to worry about a drove of bison wandering out onto I29 in the middle of the night...

Put me in coach.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    Put me in coach.
    Don't stop till the last one is tacked to the barn...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I29
    I29? Is that the road Lewis and Clarke took?

We wiped out buffalo for greed. Same reason we are losing wetlands in waterfowl breeding grounds.

That's nothing to be proud of.

We replaced buffalo with tastier, more well behaved cattle. That's something to be proud of.

We wiped out buffalo for greed. Same reason we are losing wetlands in waterfowl breeding grounds.

We wiped out the buffalo to hurt the Indians and help subdue them.

Also wolves in Colorado will be terrible. Damage to both live stock and the Elk heard will be devastating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

As soon as the wolves start in on the free range cattle they’ll be wiped out. Those cowboys won’t stand for that shit!

Sometihg purely unnatural about free roamin wolves in the mountains or on the praries I tell you.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

It doesn't take long for the 3 S program to kick in.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler_Dave View Post
    As soon as the wolves start in on the free range cattle they’ll be wiped out. Those cowboys won’t stand for that shit!
    Well the wolves have done countless damage to live stock in Idaho and Montana and I’m sure there is no shortage of Cowboys there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Yes.

No. We wiped them out to deny the savage red indian his commissary...

Quote Originally Posted by HARV View Post
    Sometihg purely unnatural about free roamin wolves in the mountains or on the praries I tell you.
    Crazy isn’t it? Wildlife in the wilderness. Insanity.

That’s what zoos are for.

Mollie, I am glad to see you come around bud.

About 3 years ago I did , from what research I gather, a small report and found that since its inception the wolf intro has cost the taxpayer around 300,000,000 mill which did NOT include the reduction in hunter driven economies nor the livestock wolf kill vouchers. Wyoming alone has several areas , known wolf zones only ( doesn't pay to wolf kills outside of these zones) , where vouchers are paid out to the tune of about 400,000 annually and growing. A current bill is on the docket in Wyoming to provide vouchers for all livestock wolf kills.

The biggest pisseroffer for me are the western towns that were once funded by Elk, Mule Deer, Rocky Mountain Sheep etc where family businesses such as taxidermist, gun shops, outdoor clothing stores, horse packers, processors, bars, grills, hotels etc were shut down by the wolf.

Furthermore the Mckenzie Valley Wolf was the wolf chosen against the will of many biologist being that its prey behavior, pack hunting behavior and size were all dissimilar to the predator niche of the Rocky Mountain Gray. This was the predator niche to be filled in the first place.

No doubt the cervid decimination and spreading of the wolf was a known, and yet it continued absolutely by design as were the greeny lawsuits.

The anti hunters are same same with anti gun period. Massive money and social media campaigns are in effect to track down and punish those that practice SSS ( not a deep enough hole I reckon ) are and have been successful even when a rancher produces proof that he was constantly under attack by the same pack or pair of wolves.

These anti hunters groups / anti gun groups "mostly" failed at gun control, they "mostly" failed in lead bullet bans ( btw , thank you for copper monos) but they have hit a home run with predator protection and reintroduction.

Currently they have bills across the country to ban trapping period, see California. Bills to ban coyote rodeos and further they are now producing and pushing bills so wild as to include not exposing a domestic dog to low temperatures for even short periods of time and or even staking out your dog during a field trial. This would certainly fence in the retriever and houndsman communities. They are winning while the hunters bicker amongst themselves and fail to unify while thinking some NPO will protect them.

The anti hunter / anti gun equation is ingenious :

Reduce the game stocks + take away hunting success or enjoyment = reduce the hunter numbers = break the back bone of the 2nd amendment.

Currently there is a group pushing hard to reintroduce the Western Cougar into the East.

https://www.mountainlion.org/ActionA...terncougar.asp

Project coyote:

http://www.projectcoyote.org/endkillingcontests/

You won't change my mind on this one period. I have to deal with these loonies almost daily now and I swear I am NOT making this stuff up.

So you fellas , whether it be ducks, deer, turkeys, quail or rabbits that you enjoy hunting GET WOKE - take action and for the love of all things hunting in the South East don't buy this crap about coyotes not being a problem per Dr Yada Yadas findings or that for every one you kill you just made 50,000 gazzillion more.

Much agreed tack em all to the wall !
    Last edited by Strick9; 01-23-2020 at 08:37 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

cattle, tastier than buffalo, pffft I think not.....as far as the wolves go, shoot every adult you see and boot stomp every pup you can catch.....

Something is wrong with your taste buds if you think anything other than a cow is the tastiest 4 legged critter on this earth. As for wolves, fuck them and fuck all those bastards that wanted to reintroduce them and then went so far as to introduce the wrong one. I have had one close encounter with one and seen them twice more in my ramblings around the west and wish we would send them the way of the dinosaur. Buffalo, wolves, APR and libtards all go hand in hand.
    cut\'em

You're Correct, here in Montana wolves are nearly on a shoot on sight basis. The damage has been catastrophic.

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    Mollie, I am glad to see you come around bud.

About 3 years ago I did , from what research I gather, a small report and found that since its inception the wolf intro has cost the taxpayer around 300,000,000 mill which did NOT include the reduction in hunter driven economies nor the livestock wolf kill vouchers. Wyoming alone has several areas , known wolf zones only ( doesn't pay to wolf kills outside of these zones) , where vouchers are paid out to the tune of about 400,000 annually and growing. A current bill is on the docket in Wyoming to provide vouchers for all livestock wolf kills.

The biggest pisseroffer for me are the western towns that were once funded by Elk, Mule Deer, Rocky Mountain Sheep etc where family businesses such as taxidermist, gun shops, outdoor clothing stores, horse packers, processors, bars, grills, hotels etc were shut down by the wolf.

Furthermore the Mckenzie Valley Wolf was the wolf chosen against the will of many biologist being that its prey behavior, pack hunting behavior and size were all dissimilar to the predator niche of the Rocky Mountain Gray. This was the predator niche to be filled in the first place.

No doubt the cervid decimination and spreading of the wolf was a known, and yet it continued absolutely by design as were the greeny lawsuits.

The anti hunters are same same with anti gun period. Massive money and social media campaigns are in effect to track down and punish those that practice SSS ( not a deep enough hole I reckon ) are and have been successful even when a rancher produces proof that he was constantly under attack by the same pack or pair of wolves.

These anti hunters groups / anti gun groups "mostly" failed at gun control, they "mostly" failed in lead bullet bans ( btw , thank you for copper monos) but they have hit a home run with predator protection and reintroduction.

Currently they have bills across the country to ban trapping period, see California. Bills to ban coyote rodeos and further they are now producing and pushing bills so wild as to include not exposing a domestic dog to low temperatures for even short periods of time and or even staking out your dog during a field trial. This would certainly fence in the retriever and houndsman communities. They are winning while the hunters bicker amongst themselves and fail to unify while thinking some NPO will protect them.

The anti hunter / anti gun equation is ingenious :

Reduce the game stocks + take away hunting success or enjoyment = reduce the hunter numbers = break the back bone of the 2nd amendment.

Currently there is a group pushing hard to reintroduce the Western Cougar into the East.

https://www.mountainlion.org/ActionA...terncougar.asp

Project coyote:

http://www.projectcoyote.org/endkillingcontests/

You won't change my mind on this one period. I have to deal with these loonies almost daily now and I swear I am NOT making this stuff up.

So you fellas , whether it be ducks, deer, turkeys, quail or rabbits that you enjoy hunting GET WOKE - take action and for the love of all things hunting in the South East don't buy this crap about coyotes not being a problem per Dr Yada Yadas findings or that for every one you kill you just made 50,000 gazzillion more.

Much agreed tack em all to the wall !
    This guy fucks
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams