Thread: Catfishing Tournament

Default Catfishing Tournament

WALKER COUNTY LAKE CATFISH TOURNAMENT ANGLERS CRYING FOUL AFTER 70 YEAR OLD WOMAN WINS TOURNAMENT WITH A CANE POLE AND A ZIPLOCK BAG FULL OF GRAVY TRAIN

JASPER - Participants in the annual Walker County Lake Catfish Tournament are crying foul tonight after a 70 year old Jasper woman bested the next closest competitor by 12 lbs while using nothing but a cane pole, and Gravy Train dog food for bait.

One competitor with whom we spoke had this to say, "I have the very best catfishing equipment that money can buy, the best boat, the best rods, the best electronics. There ain't no way that old lady beat me with a stick and some dog food, no way. Something smells fishy here, and it ain't my stinkbait."

Others say that it is not unusual for "Ms. Minnie" as she is lovingly called by lake patrons to weigh in her limit at least five days a week.

"Ms. Minnie sure can catch 'em. She always leaves the lake with enough catfish, and shellcrackers to feed five people. Ms. Minnie wouldn't cheat, those men just ain't as good at fishing as they think they are."

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

An old man from church, Mr. Cook, took both me and my daddy to school with a cane pole one morning years ago when we took him fishing with us down at my uncles pond.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Sounds like some satire to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Sounds like some satire to me.
    Maybe, but never underestimate an old timer with a cane pole
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Any old person who enters a fishing tournament with a cane pole is to be feared!

Especially an old timer with a 16ft bream buster with a pocket full of rock'n rye and a pack of senecas

Quote Originally Posted by Coot_Commander View Post
    Especially an old timer with a 16ft bream buster with a pocket full of rock'n rye and a pack of senecas
    Mr. Boston fucking quit putting the lemon slice in the bottles. It saddens me not to see the brown lemon slice in there when I turn my half pints up. Complete bullshit. One of my childhood memories gone....

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    Mr. Boston fucking quit putting the lemon slice in the bottles. It saddens me not to see the brown lemon slice in there when I turn my half pints up. Complete bullshit. One of my childhood memories gone....
    You drank Rock and Rye as a child? Splains a lot.

No shit. Rabbit is a walking poster child for fetal alcohol syndrome.

Every RocknRye bottle I've seen in the last who knows how long still has the lemon in it.

Kinda like in the old church league softball days. If an old dude showed wearing work pants and SpotBuilt cleats he was an automatic 3 for 4. Choke and poke your buts to death.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    No shit. Rabbit is a walking poster child for fetal alcohol syndrome.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Cottontop is the baddest MOFO on this site- ya'll jus jealous of the mini bike jump-

treble hook with gummy bears will catch a ton of catfish

Don't forget about rocketman
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?