Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clemson's 2020 schedule...

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Hoping for some tickets to go see them in S Bend. Like ND or not I would love to see football game there

Talked to several UGA fans that went up there when they played, said it was a must see venue
    Yup.

If Clemson and U6C swapped schedules... Both teams would retain the same record... Wait... U6C would probably lose to El Cid
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

Quote Originally Posted by NannySlayer View Post
    Yup.

If Clemson and U6C swapped schedules... Both teams would retain the same record... Wait... U6C would probably lose to El Cid
    Damn that's funny !

Don't think Clemson wants lsu after the ass beating.
    Last edited by Interceptor4; 01-22-2020 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor4 View Post
    Damn that's funny !

See, that’s where you’re wrong. Clemson will play any top tier program, there just aren’t any on the schedule at the time being.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Cherry picking at its finest
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    See, that’s where you’re wrong. Clemson will play any top tier program, there just aren’t any on the schedule at the time being.

Yeah I doubt they would forfeit if one of those teams happened to be an LSU type game but they sure as hell ain't rushing to line someone like that up
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Yeah I doubt they would forfeit if one of those teams happened to be an LSU type game but they sure as hell ain't rushing to line someone like that up
    Uhmm, they have a home and home coming up with LSU.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    Here is what I don’t understand... what is Clemson supposed to do about their schedule? I will be the first to admit, other than Clemson, the ACC blows. Even as a Clemson graduate and fan, I wish it were tougher, that there was a high level of competition amongst the ACC teams but that just isn’t the case.

The ACC requires 8 conference games per season, add in the USC game and we are left with three non-conference games. As with any other decent team in NCAA D1, the first game of the season is usually versus a crappy team, as is the game before rivalry week. USC, Bama’s, LSU schedules are no different with regard to that general layout of conference and non-conference games.

I just think it’s silly that y’all hate so much on something Clemson has no control over. But in the meantime, we will continue to take advantage of our good fortune within the conference and go to championships and build the program.
    I’ll even go a step further and say that I go to less games now than I have in the past. The games are over at halftime. Because Clemson is good and the opponents aren’t.

The argument against Clemson’s schedule would hold much more water if they weren’t tied with Alabama for most CFP wins. Clemson has acquitted itself quite well against the big boys in the playoff.

I also remember a time that nobody nationally gave one damn about Clemson’s schedule or anything else to do with Clemson football. I like this better
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor4 View Post
    Damn that's funny !

LSU will be lucky to finish in the top 20 this coming year....lost both coordinators and 17 starters, with no viable QB on the roster.

Recently the AD at Florida posted on Twitter that he was looking for a power 5 opponent. Who was the first .......and only AD to respond? Clemson
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Here is what I don’t understand... what is Clemson supposed to do about their schedule? I will be the first to admit, other than Clemson, the ACC blows. Even as a Clemson graduate and fan, I wish it were tougher, that there was a high level of competition amongst the ACC teams but that just isn’t the case.

The ACC requires 8 conference games per season, add in the USC game and we are left with three non-conference games. As with any other decent team in NCAA D1, the first game of the season is usually versus a crappy team, as is the game before rivalry week. USC, Bama’s, LSU schedules are no different with regard to that general layout of conference and non-conference games.

I just think it’s silly that y’all hate so much on something Clemson has no control over. But in the meantime, we will continue to take advantage of our good fortune within the conference and go to championships and build the program.
    That is what ya get for being happy as the tallest midget.
    I haven't seen Climp5in trying to switch conferences.....have you?

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I also remember a time that nobody nationally gave one damn about Clemson’s schedule or anything else to do with Clemson football. I like this better
    You talking about last week?

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Nor Carolina, but how would it look not being able to hack it in not just one, but two conferences.

don’t really understand how making 4 national championship appearances with two nattys is the tallest midget... Why is it our responsibility to switch conferences? Why is it not the rest of the ACC’s responsibility to not suck?

Also, you’re telling me that if the SEC was garbage and USC was the best in the conference (y’all can dream right?) and had 4 national championship appearances with two wins, you would want your team to leave the SEC to find better competition....?
    Formerly DM88

Why is it our responsibility to switch conferences?
    Because year after year, fans and the whole football world are whining about it.
    But the lack of action to address from the administration is very telling.
    You think some folks bonuses are tied to winning, making the playoffs, etc.....duh

you just cant help yourself...

as a Clemson fan, this has been an incredible decade. Playing in the playoffs every year is truly a treat for the fans. All this talk about the schedule really doesnt factor in to that happiness.

I love the banter of the sports forum. Sure, there are times it gets under my skin because I care. However, all the schedule talk is just not something the fans control. It falls on deaf ears here....

but keep on keeping on if it makes your life worth living.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    you just cant help yourself...

as a Clemson fan, this has been an incredible decade. Playing in the playoffs every year is truly a treat for the fans. All this talk about the schedule really doesnt factor in to that happiness.

I love the banter of the sports forum. Sure, there are times it gets under my skin because I care. However, all the schedule talk is just not something the fans control. It falls on deaf ears here....

but keep on keeping on if it makes your life worth living.
    Preach it sir. And congrats on the new thing
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Nor Carolina, but how would it look not being able to hack it in not just one, but two conferences.
    The Tarheels are not hacks. They’ve had some good teams in football over the years, heck they even beat an SEC team last year.

thanks booz
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I know 2 things.

1. That schedule doesn't make me want to go to any games (until we play a playoff game, which we will).

2. My kids have never: A. Seen Clemson lose to US6 & B. Seen Clemson not make it to the playoffs.
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    The Tarheels are not hacks. They’ve had some good teams in football over the years, heck they even beat an SEC team last year.
    Then Virginia shut one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk