Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best of All Time

Default Best of All Time

LSU

https://www.lsureveille.com/sports/c...9d313b64f.html

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

They certainly made a case for it

Yes they did. And that’s what it took.

Hell of a team this year, Best of all time. To me that phrase is use way too much

Not sure any of them, whether we want to admit it or not, would hold a candle to some of the teams from The U. Down right scary talented , thugs yes but hell of some teams. Not only did they beat the dog piss out of folks but they told them they were going to and kept reminding them the entire game and post game.
    Last edited by tprice; 01-27-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Last year's Clemson team vs this LSU team would have been a good match up.

They were dang good. Hope Coach O can keep it going for them and not end up like Chizik. Did Ensminger stay or is he gone too?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

2001 Miami hurricanes. And it’s not even close. They literally had a NFL pro bowl team on the field. There were 17 first round draft picks on that roster. Hell, the 2nd string would have been in the BCS hunt. 19 of the 22 starters from that team were drafted.

I said the same thing after clemsons 15-0 season last year. I hope coach O can keep it up, but he’s going to have to show what he’s made of between this season and next. He’s losing a lot of talent on the field and on the sideline.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    2001 Miami hurricanes. And it’s not even close. They literally had a NFL pro bowl team on the field. There were 17 first round draft picks on that roster. Hell, the 2nd string would have been in the BCS hunt. 19 of the 22 starters from that team were drafted.

I said the same thing after clemsons 15-0 season last year. I hope coach O can keep it up, but he’s going to have to show what he’s made of between this season and next. He’s losing a lot of talent on the field and on the sideline.
    Key is his QB this season, without burrow a middle of pack SEC team He better find another transfer QB

Most talented team in CFB history, but didn't win a championship. Hard to claim best ever when you don't handle your business
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Key is his QB this season, without burrow a middle of pack SEC team He better find another transfer QB
    Losing Brady in the booth is big, he made the right calls all season. He made Ensminger look better than he was. Let’s hope for ECU7iscoming that an old dog does learn new tricks.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Most talented team in CFB history, but didn't win a championship. Hard to claim best ever when you don't handle your business
    The U won the ‘01 title. Beat the brakes off Nebraska in the rose bowl for the belt. I believe a year or 2 after was the BS PI game against OSU.

95-96 Nebraska team still gets my nod for best college team of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    95-96 Nebraska team still gets my nod for best college team of all time.
    That was smash mouth football. Teams like LSU and Clemson with their quick strike quarterbacks and their receivers would beat them silly.

Last edited by Catdaddy; 01-28-2020 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    That was smash mouth football. Teams like LSU and Clemson with quick strike quarterbacks and their receivers would beat them silly.

I hear what you're saying, but that team destroyed Spurrier's fun n gun team in the national championship. It was a different time, but maybe that team and holds reverence for me because I was finishing up college then. It also helps that I was out skiing in Vail with some friends and I took everyone's bet that Florida would win.

I enjoyed that game.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    I hear what you're saying, but that team destroyed Spurrier's fun n gun team in the national championship. It was a different time, but maybe that team and holds reverence for me because I was finishing up college then. It also helps that I was out skiing in Vail with some friends and I took everyone's bet that Florida would win.

I enjoyed that game.
    Most of those players would be ejected in the first quarter today.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Most of those players would be ejected in the first quarter today.

Funny but true. Hell most of them would not have made it through the entire season plus NCAA kind of frowns on players receiving “perks like MONEY, STRIPPERS, Cocaine, and all the other stuff

Still one hell of a football team, that team could have beat most NFL teams

No. No they could not have.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Last year's Clemson team vs this LSU team would have been a good match up.

Only if we could have the 2019 performance of Tlaw and not the 2020 natty performance. Don't think Clemson would have one with the steel curtain defense of the steelers the way tLaw played in this year's championship
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    No. No they could not have.
    Very true. I think we as fans lose sight of how good the players are even on the NFL's worst team. Johnny Manziel found out in his first training camp he wasn't the fastest or shiftiest guy even on his own team anymore.

The U won the ‘01 title. Beat the brakes off Nebraska in the rose bowl for the belt. I believe a year or 2 after was the BS PI game against OSU.
    You're right. 2002 was the PI penalty against the Buckeyes because that was the following year after Carolina had beaten the Buckeyes in Outback Bowl the previous 2 years
    Last edited by PJ1012; 01-28-2020 at 02:37 PM.