Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Clemson's 2020 schedule...

goodness gracious. Let’s bookmark all of this until about christmas 2020. Y’all either listen to finebaum each day on your daily commute or either jack off to the SEC Network at the end of the day. I mean damn. The better team won and Coach O would definitely fit in on SCDucks. Kinda reminds me of farmer fran. One of my favorite movies. Press play again this time next year.

You COCKLUVERS better be thinking about 7 and beyond. Them Mighty CLEMSON TIGERS got you all messed up.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Worse than the DNC helping Hillary. The fix is in

"The ACC is simply putrid. That’s nothing new. Over the past two decades, the ACC is a net 40-games below .500 against other P5 conferences, by far the worst of the major conferences.. In 2019, it was its usual cromulent self too — with the ACC going 6-14 against P5 teams (and Clemson having fully half of those OOC wins.). It is a conference that went 4-7 in bowl games and had an entire division ranked below the AAC West.

So, what is a commissioner to do to keep that Power 5 gravy train rolling, even as its mediocre teams ring up losses in undeserved bowls, and middling viewership punctuates the landscape?

Why, you wait until the deadline passes for underclassmen to announce, and then you stack the deck in favor of the solitary team in the conference that is very good. Can’t accidentally let Dabo Swinney have a loss to well-rested Boston College, for instance!

And, friends, in a sport renowned for conference brass oft-playing favorites, you will rarely find a deck stacked as much as the one the ACC handed Clemson today with its conference scheduling.

Let’s count the ways, shall we?

First, Clemson plays one team (and perhaps two), that will be ranked in the preseason — Notre Dame. Clemson received a bye before it faces the Irish in this de facto conference game. Wanna’ guess if Notre Dame receives such a bye? You’re right — they don’t.

The Tigers open their home conference schedule against the second team of any note — the Louisville Cardinals. Surprise! Owing to the holiday schedule, the ACC just happens to give the Tigers 9 days to prep for Scott Satterfield’s high-scoring unit! Yes, this one is heavily weighted for Brent Venables, who is a well-known wizard when given any extra time.

But, what about Virginia, you might ask? They could be ranked. They play the Tigers too. Indeed, the Cavs do — as the 4th game of a five-game opening swing that has no bye and includes Georgia and a road trip to Clemson.

And, we save the best for last: Clemson plays no ACC teams coming off a bye. Not one. I think we all know that familiarity not only breeds contempt, but when pared with an extra week of rest also breeds unexpected losses. The ACC took absolutely no chances on that happening this year. If the ACC is to have a rep in the big money Playoffs, then all the hopes of this league of has-beens, never-weres, dopey bagmen, and juiced up hayseeds are pinned upon the Clemson Tigers.
    But. in this case, it’s not just preparation and talent that will be in the Tigers’ corner — it’s also the league office."
    Last edited by ecu1984; 01-24-2020 at 09:52 PM.

Looks like the playoffs are a lock for sure. So thankful the ACC is helping out where they can. Of course this is only as long as Clemson can manage to get past our in-state rival. They are part of the mighty SEC, so it will be hard fought. This past season’s palmetto bowl was a nail biter for sure, thankfully Clemson was able to scrape by.
    Last edited by wskinner; 01-25-2020 at 08:39 AM.

Question for the gamecockinsider.com MVP’s. Would you be ok with Clemson dropping USC from its schedule knowing the open date would be replaced with a top 10 matchup?

I’ll hang up and listen....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    This past season’s palmetto bowl was a nail biter for sure, thankfully Clemson was able to scrape by.
    wrong, you are thinking about the UNC game

Getting a month to prepare for a ranked team.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Why don’t you cry about it some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    29-1 envy
    Said the winner of the Miss Congeniality trophy

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    UGA lost to SC. Even if they played in ACC Kirby would still choke and be left out.

Again Clemson fans are content no other team is posed better for next season. Losing the national championship after winning it last year was a brief let down. But on the the next season withwhat should be the most talented experienced playoff team in the nation.

What would be embarrassing is SC’s situation for a SEC team to lose to App St takes effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    wrong, you are thinking about the UNC game
    I see your confusion, as it’s another time in which Clemson won and the shamecocks lost.

Bobby Bowden said it best when all the Florida State honchos wanted to accept the invite to the SEC. The ACC is the place to be as it is the easier path to the national championship. Still holds true years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Bobby Bowden said it best when all the Florida State honchos wanted to accept the invite to the SEC. The ACC is the place to be as it is the easier path to the national championship. Still holds true years later.
    Yep,......you couldn't pay that bus load of ass clowns to join the SEC.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The only teams that give a crap about being in the SEC, is the SEC. It’s like their own little fan club where they all circle jerk each other while chanting “SEC”. Having to play in it is their excuse when they lose to non-SEC opponents, and it’s what all the bottom tier teams (looking at you coots) hang their hats on while they are dragging down the rest of the conference’s win percentage. But hey, it’s all about being part of something bigger than yourself.
    Last edited by wskinner; 01-25-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Bullshit. The ACC sucks and has no football tradition. Look at the stadiums in the ACC. Do you watch ACC games that don’t include Clemson? If not, then you fit in with the rest of the country’s football fans. Look at the most viewed games.
    What do you expect when you have yankee schools like Syracuse and Boston College. Back to Friday night games yet?

It’s pretty simple. People have a dislike for Clemson just like they do for people that are born into wealthy families. Sure they might be smart and hard working, but they were still born on 3rd base. They’ll never get the same respect as someone who has to work for it

I bet you use the phrase, “Must be nice”, a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    I bet you use the phrase, “Must be nice”, a lot.
    Actually I don’t. I’m content with what I have and glad for the people that have more than I do. I’m just smart enough to realize life’s not fair and some people have advantages. Nothing wrong with having advantages, but it’s still a fact of life.

The ACC sucks

Clemson is one of the top 2 or 3 football programs in the country

U of SC sucks, but loses to good teams

UGA chokes and hasn't won a National Championship in almost 40 years
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    The ACC sucks

Clemson is one of the top 2 or 3 football programs in the country

U of SC sucks, but loses to good teams

UGA chokes and hasn't won a National Championship in almost 40 years
    BAM it’s really that simple.