Thread: Public service announcement

Default Public service announcement

My buddy was taking out at Dawhoo this am and noticed a weird noise in his brand new truck. Come to find out someone had cut his catalytic converter off his truck. There was also another group of guys at landing that was hit also.
    867-5309

Pretty bold... that sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crack is a hell of a drug
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Whoever did it this morning was determined. It was brisk.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Indeed it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

I wonder how much it would cost the DNR to set up cellular game cameras on poles at public boat landings?

Damn. Appreciate the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I wonder how much it would cost the DNR to set up cellular game cameras on poles at public boat landings?
    They wouldn’t last long if people are cutting CCs off of pickups...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    They wouldn’t last long if people are cutting CCs off of pickups...
    If they are aimed correctly, they couldn't be stolen without getting your picture taken. And the cellular ones could conceivably be monitored so even if they shot the camera to disable it, they couldn't be sure a warden wasn't on the way because the picture went blank. As with most crimes, even when they disable a camera, there are already pictures of the perps when they originally cased the spot.

A camera might not be foolproof but it would stop most crooks who didn't come prepared with a climber stand or shotgun. They would stop most crooks and keep most people honest.

Problem at boat landings throughout the state.

Someone tried to cut the CC out from under my sons truck two weeks ago at Cypress Gardens boat landing. Same thing happened. He got in the truck to load the boat on the trailer and it sounded funny. He crawled underneath to find that one side was completely cut through and the other side was partially cut. I assume someone must have pulled into the launch and interrupted the tweaker's cutting. He called Berkeley County Sheriff's office to have a report filed and they told him that 17 vehicles at dealerships had been hit in the two weeks prior.

This was a pretty common occurrence to hear about when I lived in California. I had never heard of it being done here before. In Cali the guys that got them stolen were often hit again shortly after having them replaced!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

The real culprits are the recycling guys that take them with no questions asked.

Since most hunting seasons are closed and fishing pressure is slow this time of year, the game wardens ought to stake out a few landings. These kinds of crime wave are caused by only a few crooks. They could squeeze them and find the recyclers that are fencing the loot.

I’m with you on the recycling places buying them, but have no doubt there is a middle man. And the thief is where the root of the problem lies.

Somebody need to invent something like an explosive cash pack like banks use but looks like a catalytic converter and has something much more caustic and permanent than die and smelly perfume, like C4 or tannerite.

Maybe some permanent skin dye. Like a scarlet letter, not that the rogues would give a shit.

Cameras are great for the dumb crooks. They tell you the approximate age, the sex, and race. That is it.

Proper thieves remove their license tags and wear hoodies or masks. They adapt.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

If you stake out ,can you shoot on site if needed, and then contact DNR or SD or contact the agencies before and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    It's the county that deals with landings, not DNR.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"