Thread: Nasty

Default Nasty

Last year I got a snap shot on this hog walking in to the stand. Ended up hitting it in the front leg at the joint. It showed back up about a month later on camera and with all I had going on I never got another shot at it until Friday night. I had put up those Elusive Wildlife feeder lights on about 4 stands we'd had bad problems with pigs on right before the hurricane this fall. When that came through and it got dry afterwards, the hogs left us and went to the river and didn't show back up until late in the season. We hardly ever saw one in daylight but had a ton of pictures on camera, just not of this one. About 7:20 Friday evening I was watching 4 deer on the feeder when I heard this one cross the ditch behind me and knew it was a hog but figured it was a different one since we hadn't seen this one all season. He came out and went straight to a pile of corn right outside of the area where the feeder light would trip an brighten with his ass to me. The light stayed on 10% but I could clearly see his outline in the S&B Stratos. I hit the illumination on the scope and settled the dot on his shoulder and let the 200grn ELD-X fly from the .300wm. He hit the dirt, rolled and got back up. I thought he'd gone in the woods and crashed. I got out of the stand and started walking down the lane towards the spot I shot him at looking to the right where I was sure he was laying. I caught movement out to my left and looked that way when he picked his head up and looked at me. His back legs went up but he was having trouble with the front. I let him have a 3" load of #1's at about 10 yards and he shook his head, stood up halfway on a broken shoulder and started to turn my way. He got two more loads of buckshot for that and went down for good. 10 minutes later he quit thrashing and took his last breath. Don't know what his exact weight was but he's about 6' long from snout to where the tail starts. The area that looks like a cut is the exit from the bullet, you could grab the shield and pick it up but no hole in it. Both front shoulders were broken as well. I've killed some big Bo hogs over the years but this one was the toughest I've encountered.

Hog1.jpg
    Hog2.jpeg
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Nice un!

The spotted ones are extra awnry!

Nice one!
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Tough animals for sure. I can't count the number of hogs that I have trapped or shot who had maggots pouring out of old bullet wounds as they casually went about their business eating corn. It is why I cringe when I read on here when people say "Hey bo, I shoots thems in the stomach so's they runnoft in the woods and I ain't have to drags them nowheres". Fuckin' rubes...

Start shooting them where the head meets the neck

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Start shooting them where the head meets the neck
    SOB would have tripped the light, I’d of shot him in the ear hole. Head was in the dark the whole time.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Ear hole is small target. Neck is big.