Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BEWARE: Virginia REVOKES CWP reciprocity.

Default BEWARE: Virginia REVOKES CWP reciprocity.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vir...with-25-states

RICHMOND, Va. – Concealed handgun permits held by residents of 25 states will no longer be valid in Virginia, the state's attorney general said Tuesday, drawing swift criticism from GOP lawmakers.

Attorney General Mark Herring, a Democrat, said the state will revoke its reciprocity agreement with the states because their concealed weapon laws don't meet Virginia's standards. Those states hand out permits to people who are barred under the Virginia law, like fugitives, convicted stalkers and drug dealers, which undermines the state's law and puts residents at risk, he said.

"Evenly, consistently and fairly enforcing Virginia's concealed handgun permit law, as we are now doing, means that it will be more difficult for potentially dangerous individuals to conceal their handguns here in Virginia and that will make Virginians safer, especially Virginian law enforcement," Herring said.

The move means that Virginians will no longer be able to use their concealed handgun permits in six states that require a mutual reciprocity agreement: Florida, Louisiana, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Wyoming.

John Whitbeck, chairman of the Virginia Republican Party, said Herring's announcement was further proof that Democrats have "declared war on the Second Amendment."

The top Republican in the GOP-controlled House of Delegates said that Herring is "damaging the integrity of the office he holds."

"Despite promising to take politics out of the attorney general's office, Mark Herring consistently seeks to interpret and apply the law of the Commonwealth through the lens of his own personal, political opinions," House Speaker William Howell said.

Lars Dalseide, a spokesman for the National Rifle Association, said concealed handgun reciprocity agreements between states have ended before, but his organization is unaware of another state ever implementing a change of this magnitude.

States are currently being notified about the change, which goes into effect on Feb. 1, Herring said. The only states that have tough enough laws to maintain their reciprocity agreement with Virginia are: Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah and West Virginia, he said.

The states whose permits Virginia will no longer recognize are: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I don't know all the laws, but does sorry Carolina really do? Real Virginia?

Those states hand out permits to people who are barred under the Virginia law, like fugitives, convicted stalkers and drug dealers, which undermines the state's law and puts residents at risk, he said.
    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

He's just a lying Democrat. Yeah that's redundant. The only fugitives, stalkers and drug dealers are the Democrats running Virginia right now.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    He's just a lying Democrat. Yeah that's redundant. The only fugitives, stalkers and drug dealers are the Democrats running Virginia right now.
    YEP they all making it very easy to Trump to be re elected nationwide.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    YEP they all making it very easy to Trump to be re elected nationwide.
    It’s worse than that, they are pushing hard for bloodshed so they can say look how violent these people are. Guaranteed there’ll be a nut job in that protest that causes something to trigger it. The best thing the gun rights protesters can do is leave their firearms at home. Not some of them, all of them. This is an absolute blatant set up to further their agenda.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    It’s worse than that, they are pushing hard for bloodshed so they can say look how violent these people are. Guaranteed there’ll be a nut job in that protest that causes something to trigger it. The best thing the gun rights protesters can do is leave their firearms at home. Not some of them, all of them. This is an absolute blatant set up to further their agenda.
    This
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

X2

Yeah but way back in the day, patriots woulda dirt napped these infidels way before now. Absolute enemies of the state.
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 01-18-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Yeah but way back in the day, patriots woulda dirt napped these infidels way before now. Absolute enemies of the state.
    True but our side has to be the one that exhausts all solutions prior to that point or it doesn’t work.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

True but our side has to be the one that exhausts all solutions prior to that point or it doesn’t work.
    Unfortunately that’s been the strategy for too long and this is what we get. Sometimes, you gotta give em what they think they want.

Unfortunately that’s been the strategy for too long and this is what we get. Sometimes, you gotta give em what they think they want.
    I have a feeling you’re right.

Exactly.

That article is from 2015. Political pressure from the other reciprocity states ended up turning the tide. I have no doubt that with the latest push the state will try another way to restrict your rights.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by gooseaholic View Post
    That article is from 2015. Political pressure from the other reciprocity states ended up turning the tide. I have no doubt that with the latest push the state will try another way to restrict your rights.
    Damn. Thanks for that. I’m usually pretty good at checking that before posting.

I was posting for travelers, not politics. Glad to know it’s not the case......yet.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

The dirt nap strategy is tough. It is a way. The way you do that is all in full force to the end. It is not a dip your toe in. Any other way and you are labeled the problem. The fallen will have bills named after them that strip your rights away.
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Damn. Thanks for that. I’m usually pretty good at checking that before posting.

I was posting for travelers, not politics. Glad to know it’s not the case......yet.
    As of yesterday the new AG was again claiming they were going to cancel all reciprocity agreements, so something is bound to happen.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Can we bring back tar and feathers

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Wonder how many out of staters other than the Soros gang are gonna show up? I know a couple that are going in order to support gun rights.

There’s several big threads on this over on ARF.com. People are traveling in from all over the USA. Multiple comms channels have been established, rally points and other logistics.

I just don’t see this being a peaceful event.

That dumbass Dem. Gov. asked for it and he is going to get it. President Trump tweeted that's what happens when you elect Dems., they will take your guns
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"