Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rattlesnake

Holy s*** y'all count squirrel kills

I'm surprised that you didn't come back with an admonishment about how uncouth it is to waste a squirrel that hasn't been properly treed, much like shooting a wild flushed quail on a hunt with good bird dogs or shooting a rabbit on the jump when hunting with beagles. You're supposed to claim the high ground and tell everyone they aren't real hunters unless they do it your way. Those are the unspoken forum rules. The snake picture was only a catalyst for getting down to the real agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I'm surprised that you didn't come back with an admonishment about how uncouth it is to waste a squirrel that hasn't been properly treed, much like shooting a wild flushed quail on a hunt with good bird dogs or shooting a rabbit on the jump when hunting with beagles. You're supposed to claim the high ground and tell everyone they aren't real hunters unless they do it your way. Those are the unspoken forum rules. The snake picture was only a catalyst for getting down to the real agenda.

I’ll shoot a rabbit on the jump but I care nothing about shooting a squirrel that a dog didn’t tree
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 01-17-2020 at 01:22 PM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I kill every squirrel I see. Dog or no. Shotgun, .22, pistol, or run over them with my truck. They are nasty, filthy creatures that eat up the wiring in the attic and bring filth and disease.

That being said, I don’t gut shoot them to die later. Goal is to kill them all as quickly as possible.

Nothing different from a rat, except their agent is better.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    I kill every squirrel I see. Dog or no. Shotgun, .22, pistol, or run over them with my truck. They are nasty, filthy creatures that eat up the wiring in the attic and bring filth and disease.

That being said, I don’t gut shoot them to die later. Goal is to kill them all as quickly as possible.

Nothing different from a rat, except their agent is better.
    Which is why you shouldn't shoot snakes. They eat squirrels and rats.

See there? I brought us back on topic!
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 01-17-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Holy s*** y'all count squirrel kills
    Kinda have to when you play for money.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Which is why you shouldn't shoot snakes. They eat squirrels and rats.

See there? I brought us back on topic!
    I don’t typically kill snakes. Now and then, one will make me, but usually I just ignore them.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Duck Cutter, serious question...When your dog trees, what tricks do you have for making a squirrel move and show himself if there aren't any vines to pull, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    My dad used to let me cut school (HS) to go down camping and deer hunting in Modoc. It opened earlier there than it did here and every year I'd cut school and me and him would spend a few days camping and hunting down there. The high schools down there used to close on opening day. We would eat at Rusty's one night each year. Hamburger steak smothered in onions was $1.50 tea included. I swear those hamburger steaks were 2" thick and they pretty much covered a 9" dinner plate. No way I could have finished one if I hadn't spent all day sitting in a deer stand with nothing to eat. Fun times.
    Never saw any rattlers though. Course that was back before Glowball Warming.

I think that's the same Rusty that owned the liquor store. If so, he just died a few months back.

When you hunt with a rifle and a shotgun, do you have something like a quiver? Or a golf bag? Or do you just sling one over each shoulder?

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

DC, the video isn't very clear but it's the best I could do. Maybe some video editing whiz on here can do a better job.

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

DC is to killing squirrels what KRT is to mechanic'n, make no mistake about that.
    I have had the pleasure of hunting with him more than once and his sidekick
    Jake is friggin amazin.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    When you hunt with a rifle and a shotgun, do you have something like a quiver? Or a golf bag? Or do you just sling one over each shoulder?
    I do it like this guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duck Cutter, serious question...When your dog trees, what tricks do you have for making a squirrel move and show himself if there aren't any vines to pull, etc.?
    I shoot a few rounds up the tree.

Make a group of pine cones bust apart, shoot a knothole or dead limbs a few times and let a little bark fly around and they’ll move

On hollow trees a baseball bat or ball peen hammer works wonders. Don’t usually carry one though unless we have a larger group and somebody volunteers to keep up with it all hunt long

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    A thread about a rattlesnake turns into a squirrel hunting pissing contest and it wasn’t even my doing

Until one of them is fixing to hit the #1000 mark in a 4yr period I ain’t got nothing to prove
    Pissing match? Not likely.
    Your the only squirrel commander on here as we all know. Your the greatest and you prove it with your 1k squirrels in 4 years! If I could bow to your knees right now i would.

I'm digging a squirrel competition
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

The squirrel mafia is real

I can redneck whiskey tango with the best of them. But I have never filled anything up with dead squirrels.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
    I think that's the same Rusty that owned the liquor store. If so, he just died a few months back.
    Gotta be the same one. How old was he when he died?
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

1000 in 4/years? Really?
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"