Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rattlesnake

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Gotta be the same one. How old was he when he died?
    I'm not sure. He used to come drink coffee with us at the Bussey's Store on Sunday mornings. I always liked him.
    That area has really gone down in the last few years.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
    I'm not sure. He used to come drink coffee with us at the Bussey's Store on Sunday mornings. I always liked him.
    That area has really gone down in the last few years.
    Gotcha. He was always a nice guy and he wasn't all that old when I used to go there but that was around 1967 - 1970. He was probably a little younger than my dad who died in 2005 at 76. So dad would have been around 38 back then. Yeah the area seems to be shrinking. The population according to the 2000 census was 256 and by the 2010 census it was down to 218. Sad, I have a lot of good memories of the area.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    I shoot a few rounds up the tree.

Make a group of pine cones bust apart, shoot a knothole or dead limbs a few times and let a little bark fly around and they’ll move

On hollow trees a baseball bat or ball peen hammer works wonders. Don’t usually carry one though unless we have a larger group and somebody volunteers to keep up with it all hunt long
    I've done the same and also used a slingshot with marbles. The reason I asked is because a squirrel hunter I talked to quite some time ago said a small aluminum bat was magic for making them move. He hypothisized that it was something about the ringing noise and vibration that they couldn't sit still for. Just wondering if you'd heard similar.

I had a couple good squirrel dogs growing up but pretty much gave it up after Hurricane Hugo destroyed most of the places I hunted. I'd get another dog but I still don't have any places that hold lots of squirrels. My place has a smattering of grays and a decent population of fox squirrels that I prefer not to shoot. I get one or two half-assed hunts in a year and noticeably dent the population. I just don't have enough mast trees. I am sure I've never hunted any place that holds squirrels in the numbers shown in some of the pictures on this thread.

Hey PalmettoBug, do I get any of those man card points back for shooting one with a pistol??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    1000 in 4/years? Really?
    I’ve killed 187 since January 2019 out of my upstairs bathroom window. There is no shortage/
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Now you're talking! And a revolver no less! We often used pistols when I had a dog. My brother made some shots that I still marvel about. We also let a lot get away but it was shear chaos and a lot of fun. Duck Cutter's man card is fully intact.

I never really doubted you. I was just antagonizing you to get the conversation going. It certainly worked out too because it provoked the posting of those incredible pictures of piles of squirrels.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    I can redneck whiskey tango with the best of them. But I have never filled anything up with dead squirrels.
    My buddy called one of his amigos and asked if he wanted them. Messican said he was gonna clean all those we killed by himself. Someone asked if he knew how to clean squirrels.... I'm sure if he didn't, he does now...
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?