Thread: Need truck mounted boom pole with saw

Default Need truck mounted boom pole with saw

I see a large truck in the St. Matthews area that does trimming of powerlines that has an extendable pole with a large circular saw that trims tree limbs. On a number of my shooting lanes cut into pine planted woods, I need to have a number of pine tree limbs cut that are shading out my food plots. I want to cut the limbs all the way up on the side of the food plot. Most of my lanes are about 30 feet wide and around 250 yards long. I have left a business card on the window that I am not sure if they got or not but the truck does not have a name on it. Do any of you know a company in this area that would do a half days work or so and what the typical hourly price would be? The trees are about 30-40 foot high and around 12-15 years old and too tall to use a ladder and regular pole saw plus I am too old to be doing things like this.
    I only hunt on days that end in "y"!

I know a guy. I'll ask him and get back to you.

Default Need truck mounted boom pole with saw

A rough terrain scissor lift rental could be an option. Easier to pull out of the mud than a boom truck I hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 01-16-2020 at 12:00 PM.

I have thought about renting a scissor type lift but would rather go with the other if not too expensive. No mud is involved at all, good open lanes mostly on top of ridges with good drainage. The truck would be much faster than a scissor lift.

Call Dana Moberg at Right Way Tree Services. They do powerline clearing and maintenance, and he said he'd look at it.

803-928-6326

Thanks, will do.

I bought this 4x4 snorkel for a lot of reasons, but it works super for trimming shooting lanes...Real all wheel drive and you would be surprised where it will go.

You could get hooked up from the liked of United Rentals or Sunbelt if you can't find someone that has a unit locally.

20200116_174719.jpg

Shotgun

just make sure no in is in the stand when these guys roll thru

Last edited by scatter shot; 01-16-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Rent a giraffe, power company contractors has them. 80ft boom , skidder tires , tilting cab , saw blade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dana has several jaraffs and good operators to go with them.
    cut\'em

Pm sent. I have bucket trucks with hydro saws.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Strike View Post
    I bought this 4x4 snorkel for a lot of reasons, but it works super for trimming shooting lanes...Real all wheel drive and you would be surprised where it will go.

You could get hooked up from the liked of United Rentals or Sunbelt if you can't find someone that has a unit locally.

20200116_174719.jpg
    That's basically what I'm looking at probably renting to trim a number of trees around the house, although I'm going to talk to an arborist or three first. But I suspect their pricing will drive me to the DIY project.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    That's basically what I'm looking at probably renting to trim a number of trees around the house, although I'm going to talk to an arborist or three first. But I suspect their pricing will drive me to the DIY project.
    Why rent when you can own?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Why rent when you can own?
    Good thought, and one I wish I'd done 25 years ago when I designed and had this place built, and had the $'s to do it. Life changes, but Rooster13 sounds like a candidate. Make him an offer he can't refuse.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster13 View Post
    I see a large truck in the St. Matthews area that does trimming of powerlines that has an extendable pole with a large circular saw that trims tree limbs. On a number of my shooting lanes cut into pine planted woods, I need to have a number of pine tree limbs cut that are shading out my food plots. I want to cut the limbs all the way up on the side of the food plot. Most of my lanes are about 30 feet wide and around 250 yards long. I have left a business card on the window that I am not sure if they got or not but the truck does not have a name on it. Do any of you know a company in this area that would do a half days work or so and what the typical hourly price would be? The trees are about 30-40 foot high and around 12-15 years old and too tall to use a ladder and regular pole saw plus I am too old to be doing things like this.
    Do you own the property?