Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Berkeley County Sherrifs deputy

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    St Matthews exit is just outside Richland county, still might be in Richland
    That is Lexington County on that side of the Congaree. Headed toward, if not in Orangeburg County and/or Calhoun.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I would call down there tomorrow and let them know.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I ain't the police police. If I called every time I saw some low country local yokel blitz home from Columbia, that's all I'd ever do on my ride home. But, I have to say, with all of the bullshit sloganeering "click it or ticket", "Zero tolerance DUI" and so forth, when I see some Yahoo doing 90+ 60 miles out of his jurisdiction, It irritates me. Do they really think they make a difference when they can't be bothered to obey the very laws we pay them to enforce?
    And for the record, I ain't gonna lose one seconds worth of sleep worrying about a visit from the man tonight.

Sounds like a Target Zero car, which is a traffic unit. Lots of agencies have GPS on their cars now, call and ask to speak to their traffic team supervisor or internal affairs. If he has it, itll show his exact speed at that time. If he has a true reason for it ( which I cant imagine due to the location and time) then he'll be fine. If he was speeding like that for no reason, well, no clue how Berkley handles things. Where I work, if that happens twice you're fired. If it was one of my guys, I would want to know.

Scattershot...LOL. Classic.

I have no desire to see anybody get canned. But some supervisor should make it clear that they are representatives of the laws that enforce, and he'd BETTER NOT hear of anybody hauling ass for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    I have no desire to see anybody get canned. But some supervisor should make it clear that they are representatives of the laws that enforce, and he'd BETTER NOT hear of anybody hauling ass for no good reason.

I’ll gladly see one of those hypocrites fired. He wouldn’t think twice about burning you if you were doing the same. I have a great deal of respect for law enforcement. I’m not about second guessing split second shootings or hanging them out to dry for knocking around a POS that deserves it, but if you act like you’re above the law, I don’t want you serving me.
    Last edited by wskinner; 01-15-2020 at 09:26 PM.

Seriously, call down there and report him for speeding?
    Is it your word against his or do you have it on video?
    If it's just your word, they will just think you are someone with a grudge
    that he busted in the past or the friend of someone with a grudge that put you up to it and they will refer you to
    1-800-eat-shit
    Last edited by ecu1984; 01-15-2020 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Seriously, call down there and report him for speeding?
    Is it your word against his or do you have it on video?
    If it's just your word, they will just think you are someone with a grudge
    that he busted in the past or the friend of someone with a grudge that put you up to it and they will refer you to
    1-800-eat-shit
    I agree that a call to the department likely won't result in any action unless it's an deputy they'd like to replace.

If you really would like them to look into it, social media is going to be your best bet. Tagging the department in Facebook or Twitter posts that others will see can be productive. The department should know who the deputy is because it's highly unlikely they had more than one deputy in that area at that time considering it's so far out of their jurisdiction.

I can't think of a scenario in which a LEO should be exempt from the same laws everyone has to follow unless they are responding to an incident/crime. Hard to believe he/she was since they were that far from home.
    Last edited by Tigerbdog; 01-15-2020 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I asked a cop about that type thing once and he said, "dude was probably about to shit in his pants"
    true story
    they know the deal and that's also why this is a good tactic to get out of a ticket. After they try not to laugh, they tell you to take off.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I'm glad when LEOs speed on the interstate.
    Have you ever been behind one that does the speed limit? Traffic backs up for miles.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    I'm glad when LEOs speed on the interstate.
    Have you ever been behind one that does the speed limit? Traffic backs up for miles.
    This! It’s like everyone has a kilo or something, and no one will pass him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    I agree that a call to the department likely won't result in any action unless it's an deputy they'd like to replace.

If you really would like them to look into it, social media is going to be your best bet. Tagging the department in Facebook or Twitter posts that others will see can be productive. The department should know who the deputy is because it's highly unlikely they had more than one deputy in that area at that time considering it's so far out of their jurisdiction.

I can't think of a scenario in which a LEO should be exempt from the same laws everyone has to follow unless they are responding to an incident/crime. Hard to believe he/she was since they were that far from home.
    I disagree. All this does is increases the divide. If you feel that strongly about it then you need to give the department a chance to handle it.

That's fair.

But the divide works both ways. It will also increase if the department does nothing.

True, but without knowledge of the situation they are guaranteed to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    This! It’s like everyone has a kilo or something, and no one will pass him.
    It feels good to go fast don’t it? Now don’t snort these lucky charms.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

That is in Lexington County near the Calhoun county line. I live 3 miles off of that exit and at least a couple of times a week an out of town police or sheriff's vehicle will be speeding. I believe they are going to some type of training at the SLED offices on Broad River Road. I have called their offices many times to complain about their speeding and I am sure nothing ever comes of it. I usually get behind them and flash my lights on and off to at least let them know someone is watching. A few times I have been able to get in front of them and I slow down even below the speed limit to piss them off. They were probably headed home after a class and did not care.
    I only hunt on days that end in "y"!

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

call down there and report him for speeding
    Pro Tip: Use a burner phone. The life you save may be your own.

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Pro Tip: Use a burner phone. The life you save may be your own or your dog's. Or even better call from your buddy's house or their phone.

FIFY
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?