Thread: Humminbird Helix 7 Gen3 question

Default Humminbird Helix 7 Gen3 question

I'm not getting the definition I think I should be getting. For example, tree looks like a pencil and not a tree with limbs etc. Would I be better off getting the high definition transducer? I'm not sure if the HD transducer is just for SI or SI/DI? Any tips for getting the brush to look more like it should? I have toyed with the settings until I am blue in the face!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Are you talking about on your downscan or on sonar?

These are not tree limbs.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Actuall both. It seem like some time I get good detail and other it just sucks! I'm wondering if I need to get the upgrade transducer, or if it is a settings issue....or both. LOL!!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

transducer it comes with is fine.

You may be getting electronic interference from something else in the boat.

But start with the simple stuff first. Make sure your transducer is level when you boat is sitting in the water.
    Last edited by reeltight; 01-13-2020 at 07:41 PM.

Is the water muddy? Could be sentiment.

Also your transducer needs to be perfectly level at idle speed....which is different than on the trailer.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 01-13-2020 at 08:19 PM.

A lot of it has to do with the speed of the boat and speed of the screen. Match those 2 up and the picture will be a lot better. I use a HD transducer on the back of my boat and a standard on the TM since it's a lot cheaper to replace when you break them. I get a good picture with both when the speed is correct.

My normal speed on the back is about 1 over the MPH... so if I'm idling at 3 then I run 4 or 5 on the unit speed.

1. HD transducer is a must.
    2. Post pictures of what you currently have so help me see what you have now
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Pro tip for leveling transducer.

Most folks level transducer while on the trailer but the boat idles at a different angle, throwing off the downscan picture.

White idling lay a level down and use a pocket full of coins to get the level to equalize. Once the boat is on the trailer put the level back with the coins under the same end. Use your trailer jack to raise or lower it until it level(based on coin set up......then take level to transducer and level it.