Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATV Tire Question/Recommendations

Default ATV Tire Question/Recommendations

I sold my last 4 wheeler back in 2011. It was a Rubicon that I ran ITP 589 (thinking that was the numbers) on in 27 inch? Prior to that I ran the ITP Mudlite on a Rancher. I just bought a 500 Foreman 4x4. I have no clue what tires may be good anymore. Looking for something that does good all around. Something that is light and doesn't put too much on the motor/trans. I'm guessing in the 27-28 inch range. Any ideas? Anything to stay away from? It'll be used for hunting and trail riding. Thanks

I had ITP's on my 300 2wd & those things were awesome.

Default ATV Tire Question/Recommendations

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B078M...b_b_asin_title

Bought these off amazon and they’ve done great so far. $250 for full set

They’ve got other sizes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by buckshot1224; 01-12-2020 at 06:52 AM.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Interco Swamp Lites have been good to me.

For hunting and trail riding stick with more of an all terrain tire. Mud dogs will decrease the ride quality. I hunt in an area with very steep, muddy hills so mud tires are a must. That said I have a set of maxis zillas and they are surprisingly tame. Between 4-7 mph is a shake fest, but they smooth out after that.

I use these people. Never had a problem. https://4wheelonline.com/
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I am on my second set of ITP XTR's. They are radials and ride well on hard pack. No issues in rice fields, either.

I am running carnivores on my ranger now and so far I am very pleased.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Itp mudlites are one of the best all around tires you can get for the money. They are also the lightest
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

96720521-FCB2-4709-B9B5-3508C995ACCB.jpg

Maxxis zillas on a Rubicon
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

ITP Mudlites are hard to beat. I had the XTRs and they were great.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Between 4-7 mph is a shake fest, but they smooth out after that.
    That's about the only thing you have to worry about. The more aggressive tires will be rougher riding at low speeds. The 589's are still good tires and will last forever. If you want a tire that's on the aggressive side, but still rides good take a look at the Kenda Executioner. I would stick with 27's unless you are going to do some mods to the 4-wheeler.

That 500 will turn 29s easy
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Thanks guys. I didn't know they still made the 589. I haven't seen them on any site I've looked at.

ITP Terracross. Has been a good all around for me.

Attachment 52782

I ended up doing something that I may regret. I went with some M33 Clutch wheels and some BKT 171 tires in 30". I was going to put 28" inch on it but the guy that runs the Honda shop here talked me into the 30s. They look pretty good on it and riding it around the yard it feels like it still has plenty of power. It should be about the same as running the wider tire in the back on a 28 as far as drag on the motor when you're in mud I guess. It does change the gearing a little more.
    Last edited by SilverFox; 01-18-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Ya. You went in a totally different direction. Looks good though.

Yeah... He got me to ride in a Honda side by side that had these tires on it and it rode really good. Nothing like what I expected since the other tires I rode on that were that kind of tread rode like a wagon. I remember riding my friends Rubicon that had vampires on it and it would beat you to death. I guess that had me scared. The 589's I had the best I remember didn't ride on packed dirt as well as these seem to do. One things for sure, if I end up hating them I would imagine I could easily sell them to some kid.

I had a set of OutLaws. Whenever you got under 10mph you could hardly hold the handle bars. Ended up costing me a rear-end too.