Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: hen Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I’ve never understood this mindset. Hate to break this to ya but if you shoot her before the rut she ain’t gonna get pregnant either......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You’re right, but a lot of ones I know have a certain number of does they want to take per year, or the farmer that owns the land requires they take so many a year. So if you’re going to take them, it’s better if they aren’t bred. Now I don’t know if from an empirical perspective that it makes any difference, but it just seems like the best way to maximize the probability.
    Last edited by wskinner; 01-13-2020 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    You’re right, but a lot of ones I know have a certain number of does they want to take per year, or the farmer that owns the land requires they take so many a year. So if you’re going to take them, it’s better if they aren’t bred. Now I don’t know if from an empirical perspective that it makes any difference, but it just seems like the best way to maximize the probability.
    I think this only makes sense if the ratio is so out of wack that all of the does aren't going to be bred. I don't have data to support this, but I assume that almost all, if not all, non-yearling does get bred. Thus, it doesn't matter whether they get shot before or after getting humped.
    Carolina Counsel

its never a bad idea to shoot whats in the hole.....

sometimes i think people who are worried about shooting all drakes are more concerned with what their SM post look like than duck killing....
    Last edited by scswamprat; 01-13-2020 at 09:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

Ducks and deer are completely different. Sorry but you can’t stock pile ducks. Production is habitat based
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by scswamprat View Post
    people who are worried about shooting all drakes are more concerned with what their SM post look like than duck killing....
    very often true.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

glad to see there are a few True duck hunters left.
    Windows Down!

You shoot Drake green heads when Drake green heads are plentiful and flying. You shoot hens and spoonies when they are not. It is pretty simple.
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

Last edited by Griffin; 01-13-2020 at 04:20 PM.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

It's pretty hard after looking at all those greenheads

Quote Originally Posted by NannySlayer View Post
    You shoot Drake green heads when Drake green heads are plentiful and flying. You shoot hens and spoonies when they are not. It is pretty simple.
    Exactly! While the birds are plentiful and I have the opportunity to pick out the drakes I will do my best. However, if I’m getting up early or driving 8+ hours OOS the goal is to kill ducks and I will do my best to kill as many as the law allows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    the scducks equivalent of needy insecure 7th grade girl bathroom selfie post. "It's not that hard..." except when it is
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    the scducks equivalent of needy insecure 7th grade girl bathroom selfie post. "It's not that hard..." except when it is
    Jealousy is an ugly emotion
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Nice @ Griffin