Thread: Duck calls

I know this question seems stupid but we just recently started having ringnecks fly into where we duck hunt and I have never really tried to hunt them unless they have just happened to fly by, what i am wondering is what call would be good for the ringies or can i just get by blowing on a mallard call to bring them in.

Just put out some Coot decoys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post

climpsin still sucks.
    DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    and FISH is an asshole
    SOMETIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Some companies make a diver call, I have one on my call shelf, never used it though. Sounds like a "brrring" type sound, sort of like a chihuaha growling for lack of a better explaination. Real wierd sounding.

I'd just stick with the mallard call to get their attention and let the coot or diver dekes do the rest of the work.

But what do I know I've never hunted divers,only ones I've killed just came into the puddle dekes.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

POMH - Plain Old Mallard Hen call
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

most of the time when we hunt we only have a few ringies come and go maybe a few times during the season but they only fly by. We have been seeing them recently coming in every morning when we go to check out the place. thanks for the information and i'll let you guys know how it works out.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

By the way you can easily make that diver call sound by rolling your tongue in short "brrring" bursts at the same time making a gutteral grunt. No need for a call. Check around and you may be able to find a sound file of a diver online.

Found one, listen to this and you'll get an idea, like I said you can do this yourself close enough to fool a diver.

Bluebill Sound File
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

loud greetings with a mallard call, then just make all those fast chuckling noises. be obnoxious. it will work.

Corn!!

Mergie-- that sound file sounds like a damn crow with a gnat caught in its craw.

[img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]
    The worse the society, the more law there will be. In Hell there will be nothing but law, and due process will be meticulously observed. -Grant Gilmore

200 RINGNECKS= GREAT TIME

Like MergieMaster said, "brrrrrrr, Brrrrrr, Brrrrr". (on a Mallard call)
    Put out some Ringneck decoys. They'll help your total spread by adding a lot of white, thus, making it more visible to all ducks.
    Professor
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)