Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Cellular Trail Camera

Default Best Cellular Trail Camera

What trail cameras with cell service would y’all recommend? Which ones would you avoid?

Had the first trespasser issue at our property, cost us a trail cam... Eff a trespasser and eff a thief. Pisses me off.
    Formerly DM88

I'm enjoying my moultrie. Go with the carrier that you have with your phone IF you get good service with it where you plan on putting them.
    2013 Spring Turkey Champs

Spy Points seemed to be super popular this year. I got 3 of them on sale and have had nothing but trouble out of all of them. They will randomly stop sending pictures and then start working some what. You can pull the card and there is always tons of pictures that were never sent. Friend of mine bought 7 of them and is having the same issues with at least 4 of them.
    Also plan to get a solar panel for what ever you buy because normal battery’s will only last 1-2 weeks

I’ve Tried to get in touch with customer service multiple times never have had anyone pick up.

I love the cameras when they work but Spy Point isn’t the Answer !

The Best is spartan go cameras but not the cheapest.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Covert code black

Stay away from the spypoint cameras

Quote Originally Posted by SWAMPLIFE z71 View Post
    Spy Points seemed to be super popular this year. I got 3 of them on sale and have had nothing but trouble out of all of them. They will randomly stop sending pictures and then start working some what. You can pull the card and there is always tons of pictures that were never sent. Friend of mine bought 7 of them and is having the same issues with at least 4 of them.
    Also plan to get a solar panel for what ever you buy because normal battery’s will only last 1-2 weeks

I’ve Tried to get in touch with customer service multiple times never have had anyone pick up.

I love the cameras when they work but Spy Point isn’t the Answer !
    Having the same issue and I bought the fancy one. They suck
    Carolina Counsel

Spartan. I bought one for our lease in IL and I’ll never buy another regular cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I've got 5 Spypoints. They have all been flawless. Keep the firmware updated which is very simple and let them go. App is super easy to use and very easy to customize plans.

2 of my 5 are the link evos with the other 3 being link micros. The evos are better.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

What y’all paying for data plans?

i have 2 spypoint link micros. No issues. 99.00 each. Would be nice to have video. free plan includes 100 pics a month. i paid 5.00 to get 50 HD pics via cell. you can go pull the card to get full resolution pics but i didnt get a cell camera to pull cards. also paid 10.00 for 1k pics this month. i use them for surveillance. im happy with'em.

Spypoints are $15 per month unlimited photos, but drop down to $10 per month if you pay for a full year at one time

forgot to mention, the link micro runs on 4 AA. I'm using lithium and they've been out a month. Still have 100% battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg Camo View Post
    forgot to mention, the link micro runs on 4 AA. I'm using lithium and they've been out a month. Still have 100% battery.
    Micro runs on 8 AA. It may work with only 4 though
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 01-09-2020 at 09:41 PM.

I have multiple spartan and spypoint link evo. Spartan is superior.

It will stay at 100% until it hits 0%.

I had spypoint link micro. It was terrible. Nothing but problems. My buddy told me about his Moultrie and how it worked. Got two on sale and they’ve worked great. I’d just say get the one that has the best service in the area you plan on putting them out. Moultries data plan is more expensive than spypoint but since it actually works it’s worth it on my opinion

I seen on Amazon where the Spartan cams come as a package with six microfiber towels of assorted colors. What the hell are the towels for?

For those having battery issues, how often are you receiving photos? I have it setup to just send once a day and battery life hasn't been a problem.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Quote Originally Posted by acebasinman View Post
    I seen on Amazon where the Spartan cams come as a package with six microfiber towels of assorted colors. What the hell are the towels for?
    You’re obviously not an Auburn fan.