Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 Questions: '17 Duramax 6.6L Turbo Fuel Economy Question & AFM '18 1500 6.2 gas

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Compared to what though?. You want room then you are gonna want to look at a ford
    Have you looked at the new GMs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have, driven the x31 a decent amount.. I picked my father up from dropping his off at the dealership Tuesday.. it had four recalls

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I have, driven the x31 a decent amount.. I picked my father up from dropping his off at the dealership Tuesday.. it had four recalls
    They are having a lot of first gen issues

Not real happy with the Ford right now. Pulled up to a stop sign this AM after dropping the boys off and smelled diesel. Get home and there’s fuel all over the block and suspension. Getting ready to take it in.

I love a Diesel engine but they’ve gotten so complicated, expensive and unreliable for what they are, I’ll go with a big block gas motor next. If I was towing grades or long hauls it might make sense but local and flat ground it just doesn’t.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    How is the back seat leg room for those of us using car seats for 3-4 more years?

That’s a Mega cab. The rear seats recline. Plenty of room...
    More fuel = more boost!!

Can't be worse than gm
    You must not have seen the 2019-2020's then. They redone them and are bigger than anybody's. Redid the beds too.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Have you looked at the new GMs?

Last one I saw was a 17. The newer ones bigger?
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Last one I saw was a 17. The newer ones bigger?
    Yep bigger and ugly but not as ugly as it’s Chevy counterpart.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Interesting. I know the leg room in the back of the 2011 I have is pitiful

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    What you going to do with your truck?
    This is the question I ask everyone that talks to me about getting a diesel. Very few people actually need a diesel truck. They could easily tow what they intend to with a 1500. I get that need and want are two different things, but why would anyone put themselves through the rough ride and expensive maintenance of a diesel truck if they don't have to.

Interesting. I know the leg room in the back of the 2011 I have is pitiful
    That is the 2008 model bo. It’s 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Not real happy with the Ford right now. Pulled up to a stop sign this AM after dropping the boys off and smelled diesel. Get home and there’s fuel all over the block and suspension. Getting ready to take it in.

I love a Diesel engine but they’ve gotten so complicated, expensive and unreliable for what they are, I’ll go with a big block gas motor next. If I was towing grades or long hauls it might make sense but local and flat ground it just doesn’t.
    You'll regret going to a gas motor from a diesel. The only gasser 2500 I haven't driven is the 6.7 hemi, so that may be another story.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoker View Post
    You'll regret going to a gas motor from a diesel. The only gasser 2500 I haven't driven is the 6.7 hemi, so that may be another story.
    I’ve driven diesels for close to 30 years and if the new 7.3L Ford is what it’s being claimed to be, I’ll go that route in my next one. I just spent $275.00 getting two fuel filters replaced and a SYNC upgrade because to home upgrade wouldn’t work. Oil changes $150.00, a $11k premium on the engines and $0.50-$0.60 more per gallon for a 2mpg on average increase. The math doesn’t add up especially on local tows on flat ground for the majority of the time. I need the tow rating and capacity of a 3/4-1 ton though.

I’ve actually thought of just buying an older work truck and getting a 1/2 ton Toyota as a daily.

Saltydog, 5 star in florence is putting a 7.3 with the tremor package through its paces while its stock so they can start some tuning. They are documenting it on ford-truck forum https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-and-more.html

I think it’s a great test since the tremor has 4.30 and 35” off road tires.

I’ve driven diesels for close to 30 years and if the new 7.3L Ford is what it’s being claimed to be, I’ll go that route in my next one. I just spent $275.00 getting two fuel filters replaced and a SYNC upgrade because to home upgrade wouldn’t work. Oil changes $150.00, a $11k premium on the engines and $0.50-$0.60 more per gallon for a 2mpg on average increase. The math doesn’t add up especially on local tows on flat ground for the majority of the time. I need the tow rating and capacity of a 3/4-1 ton though.

I’ve actually thought of just buying an older work truck and getting a 1/2 ton Toyota as a daily.
    That would be the route I would go. Damn the rough ride if the 3/4-1 ton trucks. They all suck.

Yep bigger and ugly but not as ugly as it’s Chevy counterpart.
    GMC Look BADASS the Chevy's look like a 1960 peterbuilt. Awful is a better word
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

That is the 2008 model bo. It’s 2020

As long as you get the tail pipe that is big around as a 5 gallon bucket and you put a "roaling coal" sticker on it I would think many years would be fine

As long as you get the tail pipe that is big around as a 5 gallon bucket and you put a "roaling coal" sticker on it I would think many years would be fine
    Feets sells those on Etsy I think.

I thought he sold the ones that went at the top of the front windshield that say "locally hated"

I thought he sold the ones that went at the top of the front windshield that say "locally hated"
    “Home grown”

“Sea turtle salt life”