Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: QDMA SOY BEANS. 2020 Order

Ordered 10 paid for 10 left with 10 and 2th didn’t even have to talk to me when I picked up. Hate to hear others were not honest.

2th was great to work with and my beans did very well. It is always a hassle when having to deal with 2 or more people on any given topic. Even people you know well will surprise you how aggravating they can be over a favor you are doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    so, is anyone doing a run from Florence to Beaufort or Hampton county or somewhere south of Charleston??
    Me and another member on here dealt with the Charleston side of it last year. We WONT be doing it again, spoke to Rick about it. . We didn’t have near the problems 2th did but I only see the logistics getting better hopefully.

The law of unintended consequences is sure to kick in.

However.

If we can have pick up days that will help out a bunch.
    The pre pay situation will make the thing go a lot better in my mind.

The incentive system has now changed the beans have been paid for. If Joe public wants to drag ass that’s fine the handler isn’t floating Joe Public’s money.

Before if you ordered 20 bags but we’re running tight on money when it was fine to pick up the product you could drag your heels. (I’m not saying anyone on here did this). You could wait a week 2 before you got some pocket change to go get the beans.

I don’t think tooth was gonna miss any meals over a few dollars but what happens is now tooth had to adjust his schedule to meet the person who was dragging their heals. Instead of turkey hunting or fishing he is sitting around waiting for joe public to show up for his 2 bags.

We already have 250 not including what anyone on here wants but those are large orders so they will be easy to fill

If we can set a few dates it should be easy to fulfill the orders and keep everyone happy.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    The law of unintended consequences is sure to kick in.

However.

If we can have pick up days that will help out a bunch.
    The pre pay situation will make the thing go a lot better in my mind.

The incentive system has now changed the beans have been paid for. If Joe public wants to drag ass that’s fine the handler isn’t floating Joe Public’s money.

Before if you ordered 20 bags but we’re running tight on money when it was fine to pick up the product you could drag your heels. (I’m not saying anyone on here did this). You could wait a week 2 before you got some pocket change to go get the beans.

I don’t think tooth was gonna miss any meals over a few dollars but what happens is now tooth had to adjust his schedule to meet the person who was dragging their heals. Instead of turkey hunting or fishing he is sitting around waiting for joe public to show up for his 2 bags.

We already have 250 not including what anyone on here wants but those are large orders so they will be easy to fill

If we can set a few dates it should be easy to fulfill the orders and keep everyone happy.
    So you will be posting a link where we can prepay with a CC, correct?

When is the expected delivery window?

Yes, ECU1984.

We do not know what the delivery date will be we are at the shipping co mercy is what I was told. We are hoping the end of March-middle of April.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

Good Friday is April 10th- end of March would be good.

that's the issue, sw. you dont know when the seed is coming. once you do, you can set up a pick up date. i would suggest ONE DAY. that's where the pain starts.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Just hung up with Rick.

Looks like the ability to buy on line will become available next week. I will keep everyone posted.

Everything is moving right along.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

prayers sent (to rick)
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

https://secure3.convio.net/deer/site...kets&id=101829

Here is the link. If you want to get in on the SC DUCKs order please select Devlin Curl in Florence for the drop off. 1 ticket is a bag.
    It is a little confusing, but I'm sure the brain trust around here can figure it out.

We are gonna combine all the sorghum orders if no one spot has enough and then we will have those delivered to a central spot and I will go pick those up before the actual "pick up date" so that when you come get the soy beans they will be at the house.

Here is the email to all QDMA members. (You don't have to be a member to order the seeds):

Happy New Year and I hope 2020 is starting off well for you. I’m writing to let you know about an exciting opportunity QDMA is providing to our members. We are pleased to offer a Conservation Seed Program to help get viable seed planted across the landscape to benefit whitetails, other wildlife species, and improve your hunting this fall.

Through a national program we’re able to acquire out-of-date seed and provide it to you at extremely reduced prices. The germination rate will likely be less than 100 percent, but still very good relative to cost of the seed. It’s important to note the seed can’t be sold for profit, traded or bartered, it has to remain standing for wildlife use, and it can’t be fed directly to livestock or wildlife.

QDMA members can order soybeans or sorghum for $11 per 50-lb bag. The soybeans are group 1-3 beans and are glyphosate resistant. The sorghum is a milo variety. For your convenience we have secured seed pickup locations in:

Columbia, SC
    Gilbert, SC
    Florence, SC
    Pauline, SC
    Simpsonville, SC
    Roxboro, NC
    If you’d like to place an order click here. We can only obtain this seed in bulk (400-800 bags per order). If we do not meet the 400 bag minimum order for each seed type (soybeans or sorghum--cannot be a mixture of the two) we’ll notify you by email and your credit card will be refunded.

All orders must be placed by January 31, and seed will be delivered as soon as it’s available in March/April. Once the seed arrives at the location you will be notified by email for a date to pick up the seed. Non-QDMA members can take advantage of this opportunity by joining QDMA. Have a good day, and here’s to a great 2020!

Respectfully,

Rick Counts

Regional Director
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Thanks for doing this SW. I ordered 40 bags of beans and 10 bags of sorghum.

My pleasure. Please make sure and spread the word. The window to order closes January 31.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Thanks
    I just ordered 20 bags

If I'm reading it correctly we're half way to the 400 bag minimum so far.

Coastal, you are correct!

We have another 100 bag order about to come in for Soy beans. That will leave us with only 100 to fill our order!

Go ahead and load up the sourgum for any where I doubt we will get any one local loaded down, but I will go get all our Ducks order and have it at the house for Ducks day pick up.

I appreciate all the support it makes us look good in the eyes of QDMA. I told Rick the Ducks page would rock!

You all haven't let us down!

Keep up the good work and spread the word to all your friends! I know it isn't the normal time to get excited about food plots for deer, but you boys are thinking ahead and it speaks volumes!

I've said all along we are as a whole the best group in the state for wildlife management! I know I come across as abrasive on the water vegetation, and I know you boys want the best for us all. I give you all hell, but I know there truly are some geniuses among us!

I will not say that in a crowd, but I guess its ok on here.

Lets see if we can't get a 1k order!

We have a few 10/15/20's that haven't come in yet.

I'm hoping we can get to 1000. I know its along way off, and we haven't met 400 yet, but we are Choo Chooing right along!

You boys are the reason! Keep up the fantastic work!

Thank you!!

We are gonna make this a success and keep the ball rolling for future generations after us!

This really is a great program!
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

SW, so do I have to be a QDMA member to order? I am going to get a number up and go to the site but didn't want to waste anyone's time by doing so if I had to be a member first.

20 beans/ 5 sorghum ordered.

Thanks SW, see yall around April.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone17311 View Post
    SW, so do I have to be a QDMA member to order? I am going to get a number up and go to the site but didn't want to waste anyone's time by doing so if I had to be a member first.
    No you don’t have to be a member to order.