Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corn the Lake

Default Corn the Lake

Saw this on FB

"CORN THE LAKE
    Who else is frustrated about the ducks not even flying over the lake anymore? Ducks stolen from the lake return them please lol. There’s nothing like killing your limit of ducks or killing 3-4 ON THE LAKE! If you haven’t ever done that you don’t know what duck hunting really is! Everyone that hunts the lake carry a minimum of 3 bags of corn or some type of grain and put it on the lake!!! If everyone does this there will be plenty of food on the lake again!! You can’t get in trouble for feeding nature and your reward will be having fun duck hunting the lake again! By the way I have nothing against any ponds don’t take this the wrong way! All I’m saying there is no food on our lake! Everyone take pic and share you carrying food out on the lake! If you really are gonna put out food on the lake comment “CORN THE LAKE” in comment section!
    CORN THE LAKE!!!"

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00003638934557

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 01-07-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Wait....wut?
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

The migration got really short stopped this year.The 2000 ring necks I saw 2 weeks ago are down to 40.The wood ducks went from 100 to 20 near the lake.And the wood ducks are avoiding corn to go feed on acorns and briar berries.I noticed summer ducks won't really eat corn until it gets below freezing or a nice cold front rolls through.
    Last edited by Coot_Commander; 01-07-2020 at 10:52 AM.

I haven't hunted the lake in years but I see more ducks in Feb. and Mar. than I do during duck season out there.

I wonder if that moron has any idea the fines he just awarded himself if someone actually does it and gets caught? Federal fine for directing the placement of bait- $150,000...

Aren't most of those goobs corning the lake already?

Probably a game warden...
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

That's one way to start thinning the heard
    Last edited by reeltight; 01-07-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I wonder if that moron has any idea the fines he just awarded himself if someone actually does it and gets caught? Federal fine for directing the placement of bait- $150,000...
    People from Sumter have money to
    burn.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 01-07-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Aren't most of those goobs corning the lake already?
    no idea but you can bet your ass I'm making sure they know they are invited to your house on thanksgiving!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

In the upstate when the water was down we corned off of points on the lake. Then we'd cut a red cedar and stand it on the point. After the birds were using the corn we'd go in early before daylight and move the cedar to another similar looking point down the lake a ways then put out our spread. The birds keyed on the cedar and if the rabbit sheriff did show up there was no corn near where we were hunting.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Throwing the BS flag. You can corn in open water with no structure for a mile and ducks will one directly on it after they find it.

At least that’s what I am told
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Throwing the BS flag. You can corn in open water with no structure for a mile and ducks will one directly on it after they find it.

At least that’s what I am told
    Try it. Then get back to me. I learned to do it over 40 years ago from an old waterfowlers book. It was a go to strategy on the Great Lakes back in the day.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 01-07-2020 at 01:58 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Flag the corn in the water......move the flag. It works
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I know some guys that used to bait in Sparkleberry. They would start months before the season and always move down a ridge a little ways each time and would always put a bright orange jug in the middle of the bait. When they would hunt they would move a short distance from the last bait and set up, putting the orange jug in the middle of their spread. Said they would kill the hang out of the ducks.

6BF44ABC-F863-439D-9C69-7744A4FA37E1.jpg

Found this while chasing the rockfish last week.

Blew out my boat on the way back from baiting my deer stand on Green Island, Bo.

EE87E85F-E70C-42C1-A4A0-10B686F583D1.jpg

Not sure where you lost it, found it in the vicinity of this sign, that probably some asshat Yankee put up.

Potato Creek? I could use a new sign in my man cave.
    Last edited by wob; 01-07-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Wyboo, that cove at the power lines.