Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Project...

Default Project...

35 years pulling 27 years = 62 years of old crap coming back to life!! I included the truck because that’s always the first question from this crowd. New to me boat that will look quite different when she’s done. 1993 Mako 241B. Repower, new console/t-top, open up cock pit, new electronics, spend way too much money.....
    887414F1-212A-4F82-A561-AABBDC452BC6.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

You forgot to add the age of the motors on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    You forgot to add the age of the motors on the back.
    Motors are gone so they don’t count....hitch is 2 months old though. 62 years and 2 months..... good looking out Tater
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

Does that pickup have a 6.2 liter diesel in it?

Quote Originally Posted by white quacker View Post
    Motors are gone so they don’t count....hitch is 2 months old though. 62 years and 2 months..... good looking out Tater

35 years pulling 27 years = 62 years of old crap coming back to life!! I included the truck because that’s always the first question from this crowd. New to me boat that will look quite different when she’s done. 1993 Mako 241B. Repower, new console/t-top, open up cock pit, new electronics, spend way too much money.....
    887414F1-212A-4F82-A561-AABBDC452BC6.jpg
    I saw that sitting in the yard sans top the other day....great riding hull!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Does that pickup have a 6.2 liter diesel in it?
    EcoBoost Bro

One of the last good makos, lots of glass on them. Great boats.

200hp Inline 4 cyls??

Fuel tanks been replaced?
    Last edited by FishSticker; 01-05-2020 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    200hp Inline 4 cyls??

Fuel tanks been replaced?
    Fuel tank and transom have been done with last 2-3 years. Tank went from 180 gallons to 150 and was moved forward in coffin for ride quality

Single 300 Zuki, found a deal I couldn’t pass and several I have talked to with same combo have been more than pleased all the way around. 2 optis were about 1100lbs and 300 will be 600lbs, not to mention the 200lbs of sand bags in the front anchor locker and the heavy as hell console that came out. All the weight reduction should make drastic different in how she sits in the water and ride quality.... not to mention efficiency.

Those boats are tanks!

Gonna smoke you on fuel though.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    One of the last good makos, lots of glass on them. Great boats.
    They were good through ‘96, after that they declined.

Matt, does that one have two tanks? The 262 I had was a 241 with a Eurotransom basically. The auxiliary tank in front of the console leaked. Stay with lighter engines on a repower, they won’t take a heavy 4stk and keep your feet dry without putting a few hundred pounds of lead in the anchor locker even then you’ll need a lot of tab. 150’s or 4cyl 200’s maybe.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Nice!

Fuel tank and transom have been done with last 2-3 years. Tank went from 180 gallons to 150 and was moved forward in coffin for ride quality

Single 300 Zuki, found a deal I couldn’t pass and several I have talked to with same combo have been more than pleased all the way around. 2 optis were about 1100lbs and 300 will be 600lbs, not to mention the 200lbs of sand bags in the front anchor locker and the heavy as hell console that came out. All the weight reduction should make drastic different in how she sits in the water and ride quality.... not to mention efficiency.
    Very nice. I've owned several DF 300s( one was even on a 232...performance wasn't what I had hoped but that hull wasn't a very efficient design and the bracket, while full floatation, wasn't designed for the weight of a 4s)and have been extremely pleased with all of them. The gear reduction on them allows you to swing a much bigger wheel. I played with props on all of them and each time the Suzuki 18.5" wheel performed the best. Biggest benefit of the 18.5 wheels was the ability to stay on plane at lower speeds and really bury the tabs and "waller" through stuff when it gets sloppy out.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Nice boat! Have the truck looking right too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Nice Matt. I didn't see the boat in the yard today. Has it already gone out for glass?

Salty - 1 tank 150 gallons. From what I’ve read the 241 was the same mold as the 26’ just with a block in it to make it 2’ shorter. The 241B is the same as 241 just factory enclosed transom and bracket. The motor bay is still there on mine which made for a small step down and aft boxes for oil tanks. Hence the glass work, level out floor and remove boxes to open up. I’ll post pics to explain better.

Fish sticks - Agree 100% on gear case and bigger wheel. Another big reason I went Zuki

Reeltight- Boat went to get bracket welded and motor hung last Friday. Will go for glass work and interior non skid/paint mid Jan and then back to rig out. T-top is being built now

Very cool. Looking forward to pics of bloody decks, the man in the blue suit and mahi piled-up in the box.

Gonna be a good un- and 300 will probably be plenty- my 25 Blackfin combi ( express with cabin) will run low 50's top end and cruises 30(mph) with 300 hp on a bracket. I have twin carbed 2 stroke yamahas and average 1.6 mpg on an offshore trolling trip.

3384B26D-60C7-4F1F-B570-181BA9279B37.jpg

Console gone and de-rigged