Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project...

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    Can’t remember the quote now, but I contacted Sarasota line x to do my pioneer top few years back. It was damn near as much as I was quoted for a new tip from palmetto trooper.
    Can’t any lineX dealer do a bare frame? Can’t be rocket science, I just would imagine he would charge out the wazoo to make sure he didn’t get lineX on things that shouldn’t.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Can’t any lineX dealer do a bare frame? Can’t be rocket science, I just would imagine he would charge out the wazoo to make sure he didn’t get lineX on things that shouldn’t.
    He claims he uses a “special” product for their stuff. I’ve talked to other dealers and they confirmed there are different products under the line x name. I was looking for something smooth. Storage reasons for me to sell the boat so never went through with it.

I’ve read into it. Special application for marine so I’m sure it’s means a special price point as well. I’m not into the power coating, painted, colored look of boats now a days. Powder coating chips and crack, some sooner than others, but eventually all. More money in something that isn’t functional....
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

You probably would love to wax aluminum. It just fits your OCD self
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    Fish Sticker, was that SC one of the local ones documented on THT? If so it appeared to turn out very nice!
    It was...turned out very nice. He won't do anything to that scale again due to realistic cost versus finished product value but it was a very cool project. I enjoyed helping with it but said to him many times that I would have never had the resolve to finish it out the way that he did.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 01-10-2020 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by white quacker View Post
    I’ve read into it. Special application for marine so I’m sure it’s means a special price point as well. I’m not into the power coating, painted, colored look of boats now a days. Powder coating chips and crack, some sooner than others, but eventually all. More money in something that isn’t functional....
    I owned ONE boat with powder coating on it...Top came off three times and went back to Edgewater to have them fix it under warranty and I said never again.

Buddy of mine swears by Sharkhide aluminum protectant if you are just staying aluminum.

Check out Fluid Film...intended use is on equipment and tractors. Noticed one day that it smells just like Woody Wax. Started digging into it and apparently it is the same stuff but can be bought in bulk at about ten cents on the dollar. Use it on all my brightwork, cockpit walls, under the gunnel and all non skid. Makes clean up of fish blood super easy....especially things like on that last full body shake of a wahoo that throws blood all over every nook and cranny of the back of the boat that has the place looking like a slaughterhouse.

I’d never have powder coat on aluminum or any boat product. LineX yes and there’s another ceramic epoxy coating they use as well that’s good but I don’t remember the name of it. I just want things as maintenance free and easy to clean as possible. The hell with waxing and polishing. The SP gets painted soon and so long gel coat BS.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

873AD479-5BF8-4CA6-9DFB-027FFB11A568.jpg

T-top done. Guy did a great job, for a great price, and in a week!! Plug for Austin Black with Blackwater Welding.
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

873AD479-5BF8-4CA6-9DFB-027FFB11A568.jpg

T-top done. Guy did a great job, for a great price, and in a week!! Plug for Austin Black with Blackwater Welding.
    I grew up hunting with his dad. Great people!

256E231B-0C28-4EED-9628-801DA243F8E2.jpg

She’s getting worked on..... I’m getting antsy, ready to get her rigged

That looks great!
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Looks good, I have been looking at a solid 24 near me that has been sitting for years.
    Debating it

I got a line on a I think 1990 Mako today but the length is not 24. You interested hit me up and I will find out more about it. Saw the boat tonight but did not get inside and look around.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Looks good, I have been looking at a solid 24 near me that has been sitting for years.
    Debating it
    I’ve really enjoyed it so far and think the final product, if all goes well, will be a damn good looking, very functional boat. And for FAR less than the price of new ones. If you decide to do it Rick I’ll be glad to share any info and/or pass on my dos and don’ts.

heck yeah.

Looking good, Matt.

I’ve really enjoyed it so far and think the final product, if all goes well, will be a damn good looking, very functional boat. And for FAR less than the price of new ones. If you decide to do it Rick I’ll be glad to share any info and/or pass on my dos and don’ts.
    A guy, who I don't know, father passed away in Fla, he went and brought his Dad's 24 Mako up here.
    Dad kept it on a lift, no trailer.....so he went and bought a brand new aluminum double axle and went and got it.
    It looked great and was used frequently by his dad. The boat has twin OX-66 on it. That was about 6 years ago.
    It's been sitting up here since, not moved, not washed, not cranked. Trailer still looks brand new. No T-top but I know somebody
    I think it would be new tires, clean or replace the fuel tank, change fluid and filters on motors, replace all hoses, new plugs, clean or replace VST system and
    I bet it would fire right off. It's not a full transom or I would have already bought it. I spoke to him and he said, "make me an offer".
    Last edited by ecu1984; 02-05-2020 at 12:09 AM.

Ought to be able to gaff and sling some mahi mahi in that thing at this pace