Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Project...

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    A guy, who I don't know, father passed away in Fla, he went and brought his Dad's 24 Mako up here.
    Dad kept it on a lift, no trailer.....so he went and bought a brand new aluminum double axle and went and got it.
    It looked great and was used frequently by his dad. The boat has twin OX-66 on it. That was about 6 years ago.
    It's been sitting up here since, not moved, not washed, not cranked. Trailer still looks brand new. No T-top but I know somebody
    I think it would be new tires, clean or replace the fuel tank, change fluid and filters on motors, replace all hoses, new plugs, clean or replace VST system and
    I bet it would fire right off. It's not a full transom or I would have already bought it. I spoke to him and he said, "make me an offer".
    Sounds like you need to get to offering!!
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    Ought to be able to gaff and sling some mahi mahi in that thing at this pace
    I sure hope so and that’s the goal. If not I’m gonna be one grump landlocked bastard
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

Quote Originally Posted by white quacker View Post
    Attachment 53350

She’s getting worked on..... I’m getting antsy, ready to get her rigged
    Explain to me what you had done to the bracket?? Added extra floatation or adjusted mounting height?

Guy welded 3/8” plate across bracket to cover up all the previous holes, from two different sets of twins over the years.

Guy welded 3/8” plate across bracket to cover up all the previous holes, from two different sets of twins over the years.
    Copy that

First profile pic I’ve seen of console in boat. You have an idea in your head of how you want it look.... ready to never see yellow again, but so far I’m happy.
    41F5BFC8-062E-4CD5-B5C1-D3E7FBB33758.jpg

Smart move getting those stern boxes out, makes for a lot more room!

What color are you going with?

Coming right along. Whats the tub in the middle going to be?

Removing the boxes and new console have been my favorite changes. Opening up usable space was the goal.

Snow or cloud white on the interior and Whisper Gray on the exterior. Just picked up white rub rail with stainless insert. Should go with the anodized rails nicely

The tub was the old livewell. Livewell is now in leaning post. Going to be a big catch all whatever storage in the rear, will have molded hatch

You should have hit me up for the rub rail. Lookin good!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Removing the boxes and new console have been my favorite changes. Opening up usable space was the goal.

Snow or cloud white on the interior and Whisper Gray on the exterior. Just picked up white rub rail with stainless insert. Should go with the anodized rails nicely

The tub was the old livewell. Livewell is now in leaning post. Going to be a big catch all whatever storage in the rear, will have molded hatch
    I'm surprised you are putting the rails back on...

Good looking profile.

Ralph - didn’t want to bother you for everything haha!!! I got plenty of needs left for this boat if you are feeling helpful!!

Fish sticks- Bow rail is in the yard and staying there unless someone wants it, but yes rub rail is going back on...

Looking good!

Blue bottom paint gone!! Whoever decided on blue rub rail and blue bottom paint should have been punched. Prep and sanding on hull and bottom
    A0039A3F-814C-4135-87EA-050503CFE78A.jpg
    D076CEDA-C9B1-461B-BBA4-4F89B0D38FE7.jpg
    F299F8F6-2693-43EA-9905-AB5F16321051.jpg

Holes patched
    Why poly here over epoxy?

I feel for whoever did all that sanding upside down.
    Last edited by SouthernWake; 02-24-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Why poly here over epoxy?

I feel for whoever did all that sanding upside down.
    Saw a different picture of the guy and he looked like a smurf!! Glad it wasn’t me

I couldn’t answer your question in regards to why materials used... left that up to the guys way more experienced than I